Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

what's with the beggin?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pete, Sep 14, 2006.

1. pete

pete

:D :D :D

hehehe... d, you don't need to beg! :D i pimped ya on the lw forums just now. and sincere i was. unity rocks!

2. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

I constantly receive post reply notifications from the torque forum that torque constructor is still not finished (i once waited for it to finish too)... but i guess its tooo mean to post a "go, get all in one now, buy unity"... but on second thought... :twisted:

3. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

why? just post it! :roll:

4. freyr

freyr

Could someone please explain what this thread is about? Who's begging whom about what?

5. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

6. freyr

freyr

I still don't get it... The first post on this thread makes absolutely no meaning to me.

Maybe I'm just confused.

Garage Games you say... I remember having some of those. Cheap games I got for christmas that all ended up in a big box in the garage. Never to be seen again.

Edit: Ahhh now I get it.... It said "pimped" and I read it as "pinged" ... I'd better get my glasses fixed.

7. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

Yellow glasses would keep me confused too ;)

And hey, torque itself isnt that bad... its just incomplete and they react slow on customer demands. Regarding price and what you get for it, its ok.

Okok... the piece of software (and the "attached" forum) you can have for just 150 bucks more is simply priceless. My luck, that they didnt finish that constructor thingie in time. Hopefully a lot more will get lucky soon, too.

Lets help em!

8. taumel

taumel

Well, torque is at least available for win and that counts for a lot of people, doesn't it?!

By the way has anyone tried out the irrlicht-editor ( http://irredit.irrlicht3d.org/ )?

9. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

I did try irrEdit. In my opinion, it still has a long way to go to be actually useable - I had very often crashes and could not figure out how to actually do something... The screenshots look nice though :)

10. taumel

taumel

Okay...

Well, who expects something really working in a 0.4 release? ;O)

11. Alpha-Loup

Alpha-Loup

For me it is most important that it is available on Mac. ;)

Irrlicht looks nice so far.

There are so much engines out there... i am just glad i found unity, so i can concentrate on important stuff... its just one man and his comp here and i am unable to concentrate on all parts of development in a professional manner... unity helps a lot to compensate this!

12. pete

pete

glad you figured it out keli! :D