Search Unity

What's up Apple? 2 Day Approval is Crazy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gigiwoo, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Across 2 years, 5 apps, and a bunch of rejections, I've suffered Apple's submission process a dozen times. So, when I submitted on Monday, I expected the normal 7-9 day cycle, with a 50/50 chance of rejection, for good measure. And yet, yesterday morning, when I checked my email, I saw it... "Your Update Is Now Live!" Just 2 days!!!!

Something fishy's going on and I like it!

PS - Good Sex, Great Marriage iTunes link. Forum Thread. And a pic.

$Image1_Combined_960x640_shrunk.png

Gigi.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. Moonjump

Moonjump

I've seen the Apple submission process take as long as 3 weeks, and as short as 2 hours. But I have never has a rejection.

The really short review times appeared to be when they were recruiting for the launch of the Mac App Store. Maybe they were keeping the new reviewers busy on the iOS side until the Mac work was in full flow.

3. Forge Vault

Forge Vault

It's the end of the summer... Maybe people are getting ready for school and app submissions are down? I'm glad you posted though, it's good to know info like this.

4. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

It depends on when you submit and what is in their pipeline. We have had everything from weeks to hours. 4-5 days is average.

5. TheRaider

TheRaider

updates for me have always been accepted faster (i assumed because you passed the more detailled review before)

6. Maklaud

Maklaud

Gigi, you have wrong links, the first one is the forum thread and the second one is the iTunes link. :)

7. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

50/50 chance of rejection?

8. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Fixed. And thanks.

My simple apps, at $0.99, never had issues. However, when I got more sophisticated with IAP's, teh debil was in teh details. I've been rejected for dorky stuff, like using a capital-I in 'IOS'; for asking customers to leave a 5-star review; for making products that were free-to-buy (which I don't do anymore); and for not having a restore button, and a few others. In hindsight, the rejections have made me step up my junk - now I'm SUPER, SUPER meticulous.

I have thorough pre-submission lists that go through every step of the process. Things like, when I'm testing every resolution, I also test the IAP purchases and restores on every device. And the step-by-step sequence to go through the Apple Profile process for distributing vs testing. And a list of codes (ie Flurry, Review links, IAP's, ...) that have to change per product. My processes gave me high confidence on this one, and sure enough, there were no issues.

Gigi.

9. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Ahh, fair enough. I've always been pretty anal when it comes to details like that, and I'm somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to what I'll hand over to a client / buyer, so I've always been harder on myself than Apple have ever been on me.

Back on topic, congrats on the update and I hope it helps out with those conversion rates!

10. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Yesterday, I put together an update for my Marriage app. I did my usual - prepare, checklist, submit; and then I switched off my brain, knowing it takes time. And, by the time I finished the lawn and taken a shower, I had received an email from Apple - "In Review". And, 2 hours later, it was live on the app store!

Total Review Time: 4 hours!

Maybe it's faster cause of downloads? Previously, app reviews ( updates) took 6-9 days, and now it's the #1 Marriage App on iOS. Or maybe cause September is a slow time. Whatever the reason, I'm doubly grateful.

Gigi

11. goldbug

goldbug

wow, this is great, I am getting ready for an update, and I was thinking of submitting to apple 2 weeks in advance while I get the other platforms ready.

But if they are doing it in a few hours, this changes things. Thank you for posting this.

12. Moonjump

Moonjump

Maybe they are trying to get as many iOS7-ready apps approved as possible before they release it, and are making sure there is no backlog for last minute submissions.