Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the difference between 1.22.0 and 2.0.6?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Nananaaa, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Nananaaa

Nananaaa

According to this forum thread, Unity IAP is at version 1.22.0. Checking the package manager inside Unity (2018.3.13) shows version 2.0.6. What's the difference between these two versions? Which one should be used? And how to install one or the other?

Any clarifications are welcome,
    Thank you,
    Michael.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Nananaaa

You will need both, version 1.22.0 of the Unity IAP package from the Services window (or Asset Store package) and version 2.0.6 of the Purchasing package from Package manager.

3. Nananaaa

Nananaaa

Thank you for clarifying.

4. Stevens-R-Miller

Stevens-R-Miller

@ap-unity

I just installed Unity 2019.1.0 and turned IAP on in Services. The Package Manager shows I have version 2.0.6. When I select Window / Unity IAP / IAP Updates... it says "You have latest version. Available for install: 1.22.0." Were they both installed when I turned IAP on in Services? It's kind of confusing to have two things called "In App Purchasing," and with different numbers. Why are there two of them?

DongLiwei likes this.
  5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

IAP 1.22 requires a download. There are two as we are working to move most packages into the Package Manager.

6. iGAMONIC

iGAMONIC

Unity Technologies should proper work on it. we are two types of developers
    The one who use their own account for log in to it and use Services Tab for Ads, IAP etc...
    The second who dont want to login into own account (because they are working for their client's project, so client dont want to give them proper Roles(Only manager have access to but client dont wanna share revenue data to developers) Unity Technologies not thinking this kind of conflict in Roles and service. But now, On demand, Unity has released again a Unity IAP Latest Version 1.23.1 ( we see different version in Package Manager but the name of package is same) I mean how a developer will understand it. If we go to documentation page there is no update there. Documentation is old or for deprecated methodology.
    Please share me a proper link where i can use Unity IAP (Offline) Independent package and installation and documentation. I am really very disappointed!

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You install Unity IAP through the Services window, or you can install from the Asset Store. The latest version is Unity IAP 1.23.1. You should not need to touch any packages in Package Manager when installing/uninstalling IAP, the install process handles that for you.