Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

What's the current way of identifying Google Play's test purchases?

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by spacepluk, Oct 17, 2019.

1. spacepluk

spacepluk

It used to be that test purchases had no orderId, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
    How are you dealing with this in your games?

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

We currently don't have a way to identify test purchases, but is on our road map.

spacepluk and Egil-Sandfeld like this.
  3. Egil-Sandfeld

Egil-Sandfeld

Thanks Jeff. If eventually test purchase info could be sent to Unity Analytics so we could filter for Valid Transactions and test buys, that would be cool.

4. spacepluk

spacepluk

Yeah, that would be awesome.

Do you know if there is any way to identify them in the meantime?

I'm examining the json receipt and according to several people in stack overflow the test purchases are supposed to have a blank orderId, but that's not what I'm seeing (I'm in the testing access list, and not being charged). Also, I couldn't find anything useful in Google's documentation.

Any help is much appreciated. All our revenue analytics are useless at the moment because of this and I don't want to give up testing the same exact code that is deployed to production.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

This may help https://forum.unity.com/threads/som...st-data-separate-from-production-data.401233/

spacepluk likes this.
  6. spacepluk

spacepluk

Thanks!

unityunity