Search Unity

Whats required for iOS development

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by kingcharizard, Feb 20, 2013.

1. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

I wanna develop for iOS My girlfriend has an ipod touch I wanna make a game for that however I am gonna use Unity on Windows Do i need to buy a special license to publish to iOS? I had aquired the free version of andriod and iOS they gave away awhile back but I lost the license key is there still a free version?

Basically what I need to know what do I need to develop for an Ipod Touch?

2. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

1) a Mac, 2) an iOS developer license ($100/yr), 3) Unity iOS license ($400).

--Eric

3. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Well there goes that idea.. I dont have money to spare at the moment.. :D Thanks Eric

4. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

well maybe i can after all.. I just found my Unity iOS serial, just need the developers license, is there any sort of complications to get one? Why do I need a Mac

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

because you can't build to ios without running xcode, which is a mac app.

6. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

you have to publish apple games from a apple computer .. its a limitation decided by apple themselves .. it is totally possible from a non apple pc if it were allowed. One of the main reasons I really really hate their brand!

7. arkon

arkon

Every cloud has a silver lining. Developing for IOS forced me to get a mac, what can I say, I'm converted!! I still need to use VS as I don't think there is anything better so use Parallels on the Mac.

8. kingcharizard

kingcharizard

Ok thanks guys, guess I'lll wait till i can get an apple in the mean time I'll try to release for andriod.. Thanks guys I just know on iOS some developers do better than android..

9. reissgrant

reissgrant

Yeah, unfortunately you will need a Mac to build the game on.