Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question What's next for Unity Accelerator?

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by pb_dev, Nov 18, 2022.

1. pb_dev

pb_dev

Hello!
    Having used both Plastic SCM and Unity Accelerator with my team, I am wondering about a few things and would appreciate your answers to the following questions.
    1. In the age of remote working, with the closure of Unity Collaborate, if I'm not mistaken there is no way to use Unity Accelerator with a remote teammates?
    2. Are there plans to somehow join Unity Accelerator with Plastic?
    3. Are there ways to secure access to Unity Accelerator? At this point, anyone with a link to Unity Accelerator could, after setup in the editor, use it.Local network is one security feature, but I would like to increase security.
    4. Does Unity Accelerator have a roadmap?

2. marc_n_unity

marc_n_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey!
    Happy to hear you've had experience with both our VCS and Accelerator offerings! As group product manager overseeing Accelerator among other solutions in this space, I'll be glad to provide some answers to your questions..
    1. Sort of- you can mirror remote cache servers but this has limitations and is unlikely to suit your (I assume) fully remote working model.
    2. Yes there are plans to integrate with Plastic as well as other components such as Cloud Build long-term.
    3. Not at the moment, though 'security' is a very common ask and remains top of mind for the evolution of our Accelerator service.
    4. Not at the moment. Accelerator has as of late 2021, remained in maintenance mode. We've been working very hard at introducing greater resiliency, stability and performance across our technologies and plan to reinvest in Accelerator for FY2023. The roadmap supporting this service will be available here for visibility, and input from users such as yourself! Much more to come on this front...
    If you have direct feedback about your experience with Accelerator that you wish to share, please feel free to leave it here, or DM me and I'll be happy to discuss!

pb_dev likes this.