Search Unity

Feedback what's happened?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by zwzwzwzp, Oct 8, 2020.

1. zwzwzwzp

zwzwzwzp

Burst.Backend.CompilerBackendException: Unable to write module to filePath: C:\Users\��è\AppData\Local\Temp\burst-aotjuigncf0.4be\lib_burst_generated_part_0.bc

2. zwzwzwzp

zwzwzwzp

• I'm building on my karting microgame(the tutorials)

3. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

Can you tell us what version of Burst you are using? And was this an editor issue or were you building for a specific target?

4. zwzwzwzp

zwzwzwzp

What you mean is?Version is 2019.4.11f1

5. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

Can you go to Window -> Package Manager, and find Burst, tell us the version you are using of Burst please?

6. adamgolden

adamgolden

burst_version.jpg

sheredom likes this.
  7. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

It looks like you've got non ASCII characters in your Windows username, and I've dug into our code a bit - and while we do support proper UTF nearly everywhere, it looks like in the case where we need to generate LLVM intermediate files (the .bc you see above) we are relying on C++ side code to store that to disk, and we are not correctly translating from the correct path-with-UTF to C++'s equivalent.

I'm filing a bug internally for this, will keep you posted.

Joe-Censored and adamgolden like this.
  8. zwzwzwzp

zwzwzwzp

Ok

9. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Unity unfortunately has a long history of regressions that keep popping back up when using paths with non-ascii or space characters. Unity's QA team should add more regression testing coverage in this area, but if you want to save yourself some unnecessary headache just keep everything in ascii compatible patths without any spaces. I think I hit one of these back in the Unity 4.x days, learned my lesson, and it hasn't hit me again since ;)