Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What's "AFFECTED DEVICES Unique models: 1" ?

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Diagnostics' started by hattori, Oct 2, 2016.

1. hattori

hattori

Hi there,

In each exception's detail view, I found AFFECTED DEVICES and says "Unique models: 1".

What does it mean ? and why doesn't it describe what model it is...model's name or something.
    I couldn't find any clues in manual.

Thanks !

2. ChrisLundquist

ChrisLundquist

Unity Technologies

Hey Hattori, good questions!

There are a few questions here, and I think they all boil down to the same one.

I believe what you're really after is getting the list of models, and why we don't show them.

We do store the platform info and for desktop it is cpu / memory, and for mobile it is the make / model of the phone.

Currently there is a limitation on the front end which causes extremely long page loads when there are thousands of models for an exception (which is a common case). Sadly, this made us only show the number of platforms, rather than print each one.

Since the API *does* return the full information, you can use the web inspector in your favorite browser to look at the json response returned.

After you click "view" on a particular exception, you'll see an asynchronous request like this:

GET https://perf.cloud.unity3d.com/api/projects/<your project id>/crash_log/<crash id>
    ```
    {"unique_platforms":["Mac OS X 10.9.4"],"unique_device_models":["MacBookPro10,1"],"unique_graphics_devices":["4053"],"occurrences_per_day":{"2016-07-18":8542,"2016-08-30":300,"2016-09-30":100},"versions":{"":false,"1.0.0":false}}
    ```

This issue is definitely on our radar, but sadly just hasn't been given the time it needs.

Hope this helps,
    Chris Lundquist