Search Unity

What's a realtime filmmaker noob to do?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by andykarta, Sep 13, 2021.

1. andykarta

andykarta

I'm having a hard time finding wisdom on filmmaking. The unity starter tutorial was a great intro but I've got serous questions that would be inappropriate in a 'getting started' forum about stuff like alpha rendering passes and post production and what animation controllers for films are like, yada yada. Anyone know any unity film tutorial gurus that deal with realtime rendering more than gaming animation. Are there such folk?

2. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Google is your friend :D

As are Udemy and Zenva.com.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

What have you made or tried so far?

4. andykarta

andykarta

Not very helpful. Hope this isn't indicative.

5. andykarta

andykarta

As in movies? Nothing in Unity. I've been using Redshift and Arnold mainly. I'm at the start. I've seen about a dozen or so filmmaking tutorials and I am learning the animation controller pretty okay. Can import FBX files. Can run clips, use Fcurves, the animation controller at it's most basic level. Basic basic stuff at this point. And I kinda want to stay that way. I want to learn how to make films and that really limits my ability to know what to study. Do I even need to use the animation controller for example. I'm kinda lost.

6. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Meh, Udemy and Zenva.com have paid for courses in Unity, I was trying to be helpful, but of course feel free to refuse all forms of help... Smh.

7. SobaVency

SobaVency

To start with, you should find portfolios of other filmmakers whose ideas inspire you. You could also take additional courses that will teach you how to look at the concept of animation from different angles.