Search Unity

What's a good way to export and/or configure a character? Been getting issues with Blender's Rigify

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SereneMango, Sep 17, 2019.

1. SereneMango

SereneMango

EDIT: All I had to do is bake animations and delete bones right before exporting in Blender.

I apologize if this isn't the correct sub forum.
    • First I followed the documentation. It's outdated, so that made me import ALL bones and that makes my PC ridiculously laggy.
    • I utilized some add ons for Blender to export only with the necessary bones, but it doesn't deform the character correctly when animated - I created some extra bones I need (jaw and tail - he's a humanoid), and I have trouble with those in Unity.
    Am I doing something wrong with Rigify? Or should I create a new armature? I like animating with bone constrains on Blender...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  2. LudaKris

LudaKris

Did you manually bake in Blender before exporting, or are you talking about the toggle to bake in exporting to FBX (cause that doesn't solve my problems). I modded the Rigify to Unity script to remove more bones and set limb tweaks to default to 0.0. I can get my character in with it's animations, and they play okay, but once i enter into the humanoid avatar, the T-pose is off, and in the animation tab there are errors regarding limbs having scale animations that will be discarded. According to other posts, checking retargeting DOF should fix those, but it doesn't in my case.

I'm desperately searching for someone who's battling the bridge between rigify and Unity to help me make a workflow!