Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

What?

Discussion in '2D' started by DavidBalence, Nov 26, 2019.

1. DavidBalence

DavidBalence

I am using the beginner 2d platformer template and am making a new stage for my version of the template, but there is a glitch that I have been having. IDK why I can not move too far before getting killed. Can someone help me?
    Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 2.27.28 PM.png

2. DavidBalence

DavidBalence

Note: I made a new scene and copied and pasted the stuff on the old scene to make the new scene and then this happened.

3. MisterSkitz

MisterSkitz

Anyone that knows how to code can help you. No one can help you, in this instance, without code displayed. You show me some code and I will show you exactly where you went wrong. I'm just assuming, that you have a death parameter that is set to true and/or there's a collider affect involved. Most commonly, not resetting "isDead" to false after dying so the start of every level, the player is dying. Show some code, let's fix this, amigo! :)

4. Valjuin

Valjuin

When you create a new scene, the main camera is automatically created.

If you have copied and pasted everything from the old scene to the new scene without first deleting the main camera from the new scene, you will now have two main cameras [Main Camera and Main Camera(1)].

Main Camera(1) will show a camera icon to the right (you may need to expand hierarchy window to see it). This is the camera that you need to keep and you need to delete the one created by default (Main Camera).

When you have deleted Main Camera, change the name of Main Camera(1) to Main Camera.

DavidBalence and MisterSkitz like this.
  5. DavidBalence

DavidBalence

Thank you, Valjuin! This will help a ton!

unityunity