Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

1. Art Packages - Mobile/Web

23.7%
  2. Art Packages - Desktop

34.9%
  3. Complete Projects - Mobile/Web

18.5%
  4. Complete Projects - Desktop

23.1%
  5. Scripts/Script Packages

45.6%
  6. Extensions

37.1%
  7. Shaders

28.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

i hope back button can bring me to my searching list instead of directly to the main page

2. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

You speak the truth! Loading the asset list takes so long sometimes I can go get myself a coffee, come back and it *may* finally be ready. Start your game up and stop it, then go back to the asset list and have it reload all over again. As a developer I'm baffled how they managed to get it so slow. I have no idea how they managed that.

Also, in Unity, when looking at my asset list through the new store the deprecated assets don't show up (ones I actually payed for and own) so I always have to go back to the old one (which also appears to have more sorting options, as well.)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    JBR-games likes this.
  3. Kaspars_FGL

Kaspars_FGL

I would like to see an option, to remove plus/pro automatic discount on my assets. Does anyone know, how I can do that?

I have over 80 packs on asset store (in different account) and in one day, all of them had plus/pro sign and -20% price for the users. What's the point of that? I have seen a big decline in my monthly income, since that (also since new page was introduced).

As a seller, I get NOTHING in return. Unity gets the same 30%, additional to that, the pro/plus subscription money. I would have no issues with that, if the pro/plus discount would be taken from the 30%unity cut. So they I get the same 70%. But NO!

At this point, on every 10$, I get around 5$ and from the 5$, I need to pay tax (I am from Europe). So I am left with 3$! Artists are getting ripped off buy unity. Look at unreal engine, not only they take only 12% now, they also gave artists money back, for the overpay of %.

ALSO, support is horrible. I remember, that back in the day, it took like 2-3 days to get You pack up and running on store. Now, It could take a month, to get it through. Get more workers on support, for god sake.

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

Contact the Asset Store. It's an opt-in program. You signed up to opt in. You can opt out.

5. Kaspars_FGL

Kaspars_FGL

Will do, thanks!

I advice everyone, to do that, so they understand, that it's not cool to rip off artists.

6. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Adobe XD integration or convert to UI is missing?

7. magique

magique

What I would like to see is character models that provide blend shapes so that they can be used with something like SALSA for talking characters that can move their eyes and blink. In addition, I would like to see character models that also have hair that has some ability to animate so it might look like it's reacting to movement or the wind. These are both features we see in published games even going back to PS2, GameCube, etc. Maybe further back then that even.

Now, I know that systems like DAZ, iClone, MCS, and UMA allow this, but they are often limited by the number of outfits you own. I have lots of characters from the store and absolutely none of them provide this sort of feature except for those specifically designed for UMA, MCS, etc. I would love to have more options from character designers that publish their assets that are not for those systems.

8. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Besides the fact that the asset store is down today (godspeed, folks), I want the ability to be able to export my asset order list to a CSV/Excel file. This is actually a trivial thing to code up, as I've done it on countless sites I've built over the years. I'd like to see the following columns for reporting purposes:

• Title of asset(s) in purchase
    • Original list price
    • Purchase price (minus any discountes, etc)
    • Purchase date
    • Link(s) to the asset or order for that purchase.

This would be extremely helpful for tax purposes. Having to download each invoice individually is a real pain. Heck, I'll even provide you with the source code to do it. It's literally just a matter of altering the response header and rendering an HTML table to the response output.

Edit: added one more column

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  9. JBR-games

JBR-games

That would be nice... But i doubt that thwy will do anything helpful like that.. They cant even seem to make the new store have basic functionality.. Like zoom on mobile.

10. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Having a working asset store!

11. tawdry

tawdry

The new store is awful I auto switch to old store when i open it up.Took me a while to find the toggle at first.

mgear, StevenPicard and thestringer like this.
  12. thestringer

thestringer

yes old store for me too, just better at finding what I want not told what to buy like the new store.

13. SunnyChow

SunnyChow

i bought quite a lot of plugins, i hope there is someway to easier search my plugins and import them to my new project.

NeatWolf and Supergeek like this.
  14. Supergeek

Supergeek

Agreed there; I have purchased literally dozens of assets. I'd like a way to organize them that isn't dog-slow. The Asset Store is as slow as molasses, and I'm on gigabit fiber.

StevenPicard likes this.
  15. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Ditto.

I can't spam my business consultant with hundreds of purchases, that could easily triple her work... and her salary XD

I would also love to see

• Subscribe to Publisher button
    • Block/hide toxic users/publishers
    • Hide assets I already own (at least, put a mark on them! I know it's heavy on your servers, but still...)
    • History of pricing (some publishers are shamelessly abusing price drops - there's a "cooldown" time in the terms of use)
    • Average response time
    • Split asset ratings from publisher ratings
    • Hover buttons on assets, to provide immediate feedback, Google/Steam style e.g.:"I'm not interested/Too costly/only on sale/must have/review again this asset"
    • 1 account per person, no fake accounts with fake reviews, either good or bad. Real names in clear, also in the thumbs ups/thumbs down reactions to a review.
    • Account verification for users
    • Weighted rating according to the user rating (Google Maps style)
    • Badges for reviewers (this could backfire, but still...)
    • A store that also works with people owning thousands of assets (it simply breaks or is still unusable)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018 at 8:23 AM
    Rowlan, ScourgeGames and StevenPicard like this.
  16. sunrisebacon

sunrisebacon

Please add a field to asset packs that the author must fill out to specify if the pack is compatible with the new SRP or not. Then add a way to filter by that in the store.

At the moment basically nothing with shaders in the store is compatible to SRP and once SRP comes out of preview it will be super hard to figure out which assets are compatible and which not.

ScourgeGames likes this.
  17. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

And add a field for compatible platforms ( tested on )

ScourgeGames and StevenPicard like this.
  18. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Yes. On my main personal account, I have almost 600 assets purchased and it's getting unruly and hard to manage.

If given the opportunity, I'd sit in a focus group to give them my free time to provide good feedback that they can use to create a much better experience. This is "low hanging fruit" stuff that could be simple to roll out with incremental enhancements.

StevenPicard likes this.
  19. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I have over 1,000 so I can understand your pain.The real issue is, it should not be difficult to return even 1,000 records from a database. There's gotta be something being done wrong\not being done to cause so much slowness. In fact, I can't use Unity until it's done loading (which takes quite a long time) because it locks it up. Even if I have only a few results it's still slow and typing in and performing searches is very difficult due to whatever processing it thinks it needs to do. I just don't know how that code got approved and why it hasn't been fixed by now.

Rowlan and ScourgeGames like this.
  20. sstrong

sstrong

Some of the challenge is how asset publishers need to bundle SRP assets. The current method is to add an SRP folder and include LWRP and HDRP assets which users unpack. Although this isn't great, it (mostly) works. However, uploading different packages which are then tested (by Unity) in HDRP and LWRP isn't so straight forward. We can tick the LWRP and/or HDRP boxes but then we'd need to provide separate builds. Fine if you want to do big bang releases but not so great if you want to provide more regular updates for customers.

Also, with each preview of SRP, something else breaks. My guess is the API is still in a constant state of flux. Package Manager may help for future releases but only if publishers abandon all previous Unity versions. It is pretty difficult to keep everyone happy, but I'm sure most publishers try.

Several publishers are now adding comments to their asset store pages about support for LWRP and HDRP.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018 at 2:13 PM
  21. CooperativeYogi

CooperativeYogi

Types of assets? I just wish the asset store was reliably faster. It's painfully slow. So much so that it's one of the few modern websites I regularly have to close out tabs because they can't/won't return their content. Maybe at times it works, but I'm not talking about those time. Perhaps the video stuff needs to be hosted elsewhere, or someone really needs to troubleshoot the why the load is bogging down. Or maybe the assets need a 3rd party marketplace website for vendors' stuff, if unity.com finds it outside their core mission. Or maybe they need mirrors for the actual asset downloads, as opposed to update requests from the unity programs and marketplace browsing. All I can say is, it's a truly frustrating experience. (Link is to google search of the issue... results going back years...) Otherwise, the content is great. The range of content is great. And the program is great.