Search Unity

What versions of Unity is Enlighten working for HDRP?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by DigitalAdam, Jul 20, 2021.

1. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Can someone tell me what later verion(s) of Unity is Enlighten available when using HDRP? I thought it would be back in 2021.2.0b4 but I guess not.

Thanks!

EricWilliams likes this.
  2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Which Enlighten baking backend do you have in mind? Is it realtime or baked GI?

3. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

I'm trying to bake the lighting so when I move the directional light for a time-of-day system it updates in real time. The problem I'm running into is that I dont know what settings to "check" in the Lighting tab to be able to choose Enlighten in the dropdown. I've tried to only check Realtime Global Illumination and that did work, it grayed-out the entire Lightmapping Settings. I tried to check Realtime Global Illumination along with Baked Global Illumination, and that did not allow me to choose Enlighten. What do I need to do in order to get the Enlighten dropdown/settings?

4. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

If you want to use Enlighten Realtime GI, you only need to enable Realtime Global Illumination flag. All those grayed-out settings under the Lightmapping Settings header apply only to Enlighten Baked GI. The only exception being Indirect Resolution field, which is shared both by Enlighten Realtime and Baked GI.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  5. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Thanks for the info