Search Unity

What versions of iOS does Cloud Builder successfully install builds on?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by AvaJarvis, Jul 16, 2015.

1. AvaJarvis

AvaJarvis

I have a Unity project that has builds compatible with iOS 6. However, when someone on an iOS device with iOS 7 tried to install the build from Cloud Build, he got the following error:

"Your device is not provisioned for this build."

Obviously this would seem to point to an incorrect UDID, but I double-checked the provisioning and re-uploaded it. The UDID is correct.

We noticed that this process worked with all our iOS8 devices, but the only iOS7 device we had, it didn't work on.

As a result, we have lost confidence in Cloud Build and will not be using it going forwards.

2. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi @AvaJarvis

I'm sorry to hear that - sounds like there might be a bug? We've used Cloud Build with iOS 7 before with no problems.

I'll send you a private message and attempt to track down this issue. Thanks!

3. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Please make sure after you have updated the provisioning profile to rebuild your app! Only uploading a new provisioning profile with the new UDID won't rebuild the app and won't have any affect on the already built games. ;)

4. AvaJarvis

AvaJarvis

Hi David, I already know that and after every addition of a UDID, I kicked off a new build.

5. Pix10

Pix10

We've been building with UCB to iOS 7 also, no problems.

I take it you've tried a local build?

The only time I've had someone come up with a provisioning error, is when their UDID has been added, but one of these steps was missing:

1. New UDID has not been updated/added in the provisioning profile
    2. It has been updated, and downloaded, but not correctly re-applied in the Cloud Build settings. Easy mistake if you have dozens of provisioning profiles on disk, are choosing the latest, but actually the "real" latest has been somehow downloaded or moved to a different location.

6. Pix10

Pix10

Actually there was one other occasion: A remote user I wasn't directly in touch with (PR), who didn't understand how UCB works. He was downloading the device build to his Mac or PC and trying to install it through Xcode or iTunes - I have no idea how he got the build IPA (if he really did) onto his desktop. It took a lot of explaining to get that sorted - technology is still like magic to some people!

7. AvaJarvis

AvaJarvis

Pix10 - we're not in the same location, so a local build wasn't tried. Still, that wouldn't have stopped the installation.

Also I know that the UDID was part of the profile used in the build in question---go to the install link from the history page, and then on the install page click "More". It will list the UDIDs, and his UDID was listed there.

The person I work for had been a software developer/manager at Oracle for many years. So it's probably not "technology is magic".

8. AvaJarvis

AvaJarvis

By the way, it is (too) easy to get the IPA or DSYM. Just right-click on some buttons an stuff.

9. Pix10

Pix10

What I'm suggesting is, do a local build, archive it for Ad Hoc with the same provisioning profile you're using with Cloud Build and see if he can install it.

You can't reliably say Cloud Build is the issue if you haven't tried a native install first. Occam's Razor, and all that.

10. ArekPoland

ArekPoland