Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What tutorials would you like to see?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tsphillips, Feb 3, 2006.

1. tsphillips

tsphillips

There are some Unity tutorials online at http://unify.bluegillweb.com/. (Just to clarify, this is not my site. It is hosted by Jeff McArthur and has tutorials by Jeff and David Janik-Jones.)

What other tutorials would people like to see?

Tom

2. Randy-Edmonds

Randy-Edmonds

I'm surprised someone hasn't done a Unity book yet. I mean DarkBasic even has a book!

3. Pavlov

Pavlov

The DB book is pretty simple as in "this is a variable" or "this is a sprite" and the first volume doesn't even cover 3d. But the second volume due out this spring or summer will deal with 3d.

The tutorials on your site are very nice and very much appreciated (learned a lot) but feel a user contributed wiki would also be extremely helpful looking at the helpful nature of the people at otee.dk. Perhaps something similar to what's on Blenders web site. Just my two cents.

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Main_Page

4. tsphillips

tsphillips

:oops:

Just to clarify, the above link is not my site. It is hosted by Jeff McArthur and has tutorials by Jeff and David Janik-Jones. I just pointed it out as being pretty much the closest thing to an official Unity tutorial site. My apologies if I wasn't clear. (I have edited the initial post to make it clear now.)

Tom

5. NCarter

NCarter

You want a wiki? We have a wiki. ;)

6. forestjohnson

forestjohnson

I made a tutorial on creating tiling textures from photos but jeff hasn't PDFed it and uploaded it yet

I want to see a tutorial telling me how to make tiling textures ;)

7. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

A sorry about that Yoggy I forgot totaly about it :p, I'll jump on that, and maybe provide my way of tiling textures also so that people can learn both and use what works for them. The site is in need of a bit of an update so if anyone would like to write some more tutorials on anything from unity to the use of external tools for asset creation that would be great.

The wiki is coming along well, had a bit of a SPAM attack but Neil is sorting that out and has it prety much under control. Also will be working with boxy and yoggy on some more Unitree stuff hopefuly some time this month. (I hear that the vertex colors are broken so might be a while before we can try out the wind thing). So thats an update on the Unify and UniTree stuff. Jeff

8. elias723

elias723

I would like to see a tutorial about making all types of particle systems, going from the beginning to the end and including water, explosions, smoke, trails, snow, dust getting kicked up, and ghost-creatures. I think this would add amazing realism to my game, as I cannot yet make anything worthwhile in terms of particle systems.

9. N00B

N00B

I would like to see a tutorial or tutorials for pulling togther the elements of a FPS. I have yet to figure out how to animate the soldier figure and make him run around as a enemy.

10. AaronC

AaronC

Yeah Id love to see an FPS tutorial that I can follow step by step?