Search Unity

What tutorials work with Unity 2018.2 out of the box?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by jennicaisabella, Jul 20, 2018.

1. jennicaisabella

jennicaisabella

Hi,

I tried to follow the Survival Shooter tutorial but it appears that many of the tutorials are out of date.

The Roll a Ball tutorial works just fine, but most of the other tutorials I guess are old/out of date?

Can someone tell me - what tutorials are up to date, that I can watch the video for and not have to search for code updates? I don't want to spend hours typing in scripts only to find the API has changed, and have to search through youtube comments in the hope of finding the solution...

Alternatively - perhaps have a pinned copy of the up to date scripts? When you check the comments to many of these videos many people have the same issue.

I thought there are many people working on the project? If the API is changed why not update the tutorial? What is the point in having tutorials that don't work any more?

samanthajill likes this.
  2. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Unity is undergoing changes: Feature creep which usually negatively affects quality control and quality of documentation.