Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

what tool do you use for screen recording? mention one feature that you liked most

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pradeep_unity918, Aug 11, 2023.

1. pradeep_unity918

pradeep_unity918

We have several platforms to record the screen for any reason and which platform do you like most?

2. dlorre

dlorre

I use ShareX on Windows, it's a practical tool sufficient for my needs but I can't tell whether it is the most efficient out there or not.

As for features it has a lot like directly converting to gif and online publishing but most of them are for screenshots.

3. mgear

mgear

Desktop:
    - LiceCap : only application that is simple and small.. (but records gifs only and need to optimize gif later if too big)
    - ShareX : if need to record specific part of a screen or window + audio (just the UI/UX is quite annoying..)
    - OBS : if need to record full screen / full application + audio

4. DragonCoder

DragonCoder

Privately: XBox Game Bar. I like that it is any time accessible via WinKey + G.
    At work: Screenpresso. Nice that it allows to select the recording area but overall I find it a bit cumbersome to use due to its many features.
    ScreenToGif for gifs because it includes a little editor for gifs.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
  5. Murgilod

Murgilod

I just use OBS with a MIDI plugin so I can use a Korg Nanokontrol for my hotkeys and other things.

6. tsibiski

tsibiski

I use "Action!"
    It's not because I've tried many and found that the best - I have only used a few over the years But it is just reasonably priced and does literally everything I can imagine needing to do. Has tons of options and it just plain does everything without causing problems or hiccups. Quality seems great.