Search Unity

what should we use Unity plugins or Unity Services Ad ?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Saleem_Khan, Oct 23, 2018.

?

what should we use for showing Unity Ads, Unity plugins or Unity Services Ad ?

1. Unity Plugins

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Unity Services Ads

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Saleem_Khan

Saleem_Khan

yesterday i came to know that unity Services Ads causes ANR and Crashes.
    Can anyone tell specify its wrong or true ??
    what should we use for showing Unity Ads, Unity plugins or Unity Services Ad ?

2. Shikunov

Shikunov

All Unity ads plugins are already included in the Unity 3D engine. All that remains to be done is to include advertising in Unity Services and register the method in the right place to call advertising. My ANR malfunctions occur approximately 1 to 500-700 installed my game, and once. The person re-enters the game and there are no more failures.

Sorry for my terrible English. I know him very badly, I live in Russia myself.

bangurja likes this.
  3. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@Saleem_Khan

As you said, there are two options for enabling Unity Ads in your project and they are not really compatible with each other.
    • Integration via the Service window
    • Integration via the Asset Store package
    Currently, the latest version of Unity Ads (Version 3.0) is only available in the Asset Store. We are working to get the service window (and Package Manager) updated as soon as we can.

If you are currently using the Asset Store package, you can update your plugin and continue working.

If you have a current project using the Service window, you have two options.
    • Continue using the Service window.
    • Upgrade to the Asset Store package
    Option 1: Continue using the Service window
    You can continue using that version and it will still work. This does not include any new features, such as Banner ads. The documentation for that integration is here:
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/unity/legacy-integration-unity

Option 2: Upgrade to the Asset Store package
    If you want to use our newest Monetization features, you can upgrade your project to use the Asset Store package.
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/monetization/getting-started

You will have to make three changes:

1. Disable the built-in Ads extension
    Ads-Settings.PNG

This will allow you to easily maintain your existing project ID and game IDs. The alternative would be to disable the Ads service in the Service window.

2. Download the package from the Asset Store

3. Manually initialize the Ads system in your game somewhere, ideally as soon as the application starts:
    Advertisement.Initialize("gameID from dashboard", false);
    or
    Monetization.Initialize("gameID from dashboard", false);

carsonhui likes this.
  4. sathya

sathya

@ap-unity Do we need to call both Initialize methods from Advertisement.cs and Monetization.cs? Banner is in Advertisement.cs and video ads are in Monetization.cs. Is there any reason for maintaining Two separate classes? And will they get merged in future releases? In our case Banner ads are not loading and i get the following error
    "UnityAds is not initialized". I get this error even though I call Advertisement.Initialize() and Monetization.Initialize().
    Other ad formats work just fine.