Search Unity

Question What should I see if I press multiple time "PLAY" in the editor ?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by Fangh, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Fangh

Fangh

2. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Hey Fangh,

Thanks for reaching out to the support team! Do you mean if you hit Play, then Stop, then Play again? Technically you should see 2 gameStarted events, but the editor allows for some unnatural testing of applications, so I could see it as being possible to only see one if you QUICKLY hit Play, Stop, Play, though it still should not happen.

Are you using Debug Event Reporting? If so, you should be able to see when events are recorded/uploaded in real-time using these steps:

1. Go to Project Settings > Player Settings > Player.
    2. Go to Script Compilation section > Scripting Define Symbols.
    3. Add keyword UNITY_ANALYTICS_EVENT_LOGS.
    4. Click Apply.
    One last question, how long did you wait between recording/uploading the event from the Editor and looking at the dashboard in your screenshot?

Best,
    Randy

3. Fangh

Fangh

Hello.
    That is what I expected too.

Nop. Will try. Thank you.

1-2 min. But I look again today (~24h later) and it did update to "2" but I pressed play/pause a lot yersterday

4. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies

Understood! When testing in the Editor, it's not recommended to keep a close eye on how many times you start and stop the editor vs how many start-up events you have. It's very possible that it becomes out of sync depending on how quickly/unnaturally you do this. The best way to test those (in terms of their frequency per session) would be to build to a device.

Best,
    Randy

5. Fangh

Fangh

just one question.

Where is it written in the documentation that "UNITY_ANALYTICS_EVENT_LOGS." will recording in the editor console ?

6. RandolfKlemola

RandolfKlemola

Unity Technologies