Search Unity

What programs allow creation of music using virtual instruments?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by elmar1028, Nov 24, 2014.

1. MarioRuiz

MarioRuiz

I use Reaper, affordable (good guys!, they don't even enforce their users to buy of cripple it after trials, so users buy when they can), light (can even be installed on a usb to make it full portable), and as powerful or more than most.
    If you want to actually make some sounds and on the low end of budget (been there) you could google native instruments and look for the free kontakt libraries they have, also look in plugin boutique on the free section there's a few decent instruments that can get you making some noise, if you're a little higher on budget try garritan stuff, it's decent, and if you're swimming in budget, then aim for soundsonline east west and projectsam products. oh, on grand piano and drums xlnAudio is a good choice. Hope it helps.

IMHO all that pro tools vs logic vs garageband vs ableton vs whatever is all about users. I used Sony Acid for a long time and it was good, tried pro tools, and it was good, tried cubase, good, portability is the thing that made me stick to Reaper. Pretty sure you can do anything there that others do. Try Reaper, it's as close to free as a top notch DAW gets.

2. Awan212

Awan212

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024