Search Unity

What program can I use to dynamically change values in game.

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by jmgek, Feb 21, 2013.

1. jmgek

jmgek

Hey guys,
    I am wondering what program if any I am able to change values of things like 'Glow amount, hue\sat, and overlapping textures to show things like rust overtime'
    I have been messing around with substance designer and its good but there are a lot of problems with the program itself. I also spoke to a friend and said mudbox can do this, and that I can change values in game. Is that true?

Thanks./

2. Molt

Molt

The only software I've heard which'll do that do the program you're using is Substance Designer, and that's due to it producing their custom 'Substances' rather than textures and models as other software (including Mudbox, not heard of that doing anything like this) will do.

In other software you can still vary these things but you need to create a Shader yourself to do it, with parameters controlling the various settings, and with that you can change them as easily as changing the colour or reflectivity of one of Unity's inbuilt shaders. Unity does do it's best to make this easy but it's still not an easy proposition and you will need some time to learn this.