Search Unity

What People Think of Game Design

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lucidcoder, Feb 20, 2012.

1. lucidcoder

lucidcoder

I'll just leave this here, since you guys would probably appreciate it.

2. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

this is it:

$tollgamedev.png

In short instead of game developing i troll the unity forums :D

3. TehWut

TehWut

It's actually a little disappointing how some older people think of game design (and society in general).when I first told my parents that I wanted to go into game design, and they was like:

Lol, when going over my schedule for Junior year the counselor skipped over computer programming ,like it was some kind of plague :p
    Most people I've talked to assume that game development is sitting around drawing dragons or something. Gotta convince my family that it is a legitimate career ;)

4. JRavey

JRavey

If my kid said he wanted to do that, I'd be disappointed. If he wanted to be a programmer or artist first, then go into design I would be more satisfied by his sensibilities.

5. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

There are loads of old gits that hang around these forums.... they dont think it is stupid.

I wanto live off of the dole unitill i make a popular game to live off? am i a terrible person :D

May sound horrid the plan but it is kind of my plan... im to dumb(not realy but in some feilds) to get into a university course for game design/programming so im going to do an open university course at the same time of making games(living off my mum) then after that go into a programming and/or art course :D

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  6. TehWut

TehWut

I was mostly referring to the average old person :p

7. Meltdown

Meltdown

Hehe, good to see some humour on the forums.

8. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

If my kid said he wanted to be a game designer, I'd metaphorically slap him and shout at him: "What next? You want to be a backyard lawnmower director? Now shut up, and get your hands dirty with both, code and the frigging lawnmower!!! The grass is getting too tall!!!"

9. samloeschen

samloeschen

haha, this is the one that I made awhile ago.

its a bit more literal than some of the others floating around.

10. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Op's posting is actually fairly correct.

We do a little work in the day, thinking we're neo and then just end up playing xbox trying to kill each other. Doesn't matter that bills are piling up or anything, it is all in the name of research and development.