Search Unity

What now?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Callz01, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Callz01

Callz01

Hello, so I can do the basic tutorials on my own now without any reference like the roll a ball one. I first did that tutorial a month ago and been watching loads of tutorials since that. But now I'm stuck. What do I do now to improve?

2. First of all, please, try to learn how to give effective titles to forum threads, because the "What now?" is not that. It's one of the worst you can do.

Second: just start to make a game. Whatever you want, probably "simple" (eg: it's not a multi-player MMO...) and start to practice what you have learned and if you stuck revisit the tutorials or ask questions on the forums (after an adequate research you have made yourself first).

Callz01 and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. Callz01

Callz01

Sorry about that, I will give an effective title next time.
    Thank you for the suggestion. Do you have any simple ideas? Thanks :)

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Generally by the time someone gets to this stage, they already have some idea for a simple game they want to make. Try building a basic but functional prototype of that game. If you don't have an idea, spend time thinking of one. Optimally the idea will revolve around a simple game mechanic - similar complexity to Frogger or Pac Man.

Callz01 likes this.
  5. Callz01

Callz01

Alright, thanks for the help! :)

Joe-Censored likes this.