Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion what network tools for mjultiplayer cardgame

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by donbonbon, Aug 31, 2023.

1. donbonbon

donbonbon

I want to have some advise as to the network solution to adapt for my multiplayer card game. A rather simple quartets game.

Provided I have a dedicated server which is active already. I unse uninx, digitalocean, django(as b-end) and NextJS (as f-end). I wish to add the unity cardgame for 2-4 players. I don't expect any major traffic, but I would like to learn how to link all these technologies together and learn what I can do, and cannot do, with this streamflow.

What will be the recommended approach to follow. To the extent it is feasible, I'd rather work with unity solutions, the third-party, it can help me to learn the essential, i.e. unity flow and work with a community I with which, I'm slightly familiar.

Most importantly, as a newbie, It'll be great to learn from a scalable solution and simple one.

Currently, I focus on the network solution that will allow me simply to add a unity files, hook with the backend data. A lobby and stream the game via a game room. One room will be enough for the moment. Lobby, Relay etc' will arrive later.

Any tip, advice or reference, will be highly appreciated.