Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

What namespace to use for vuforia

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by Studiomaurer, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Studiomaurer

Studiomaurer

I'm trying to port a project to Unity 2017.2b07 and Vuforia 6.5

As this is integrated now I would expect the new namespace to be UnityEngine.XR.Vuforia
    But it is not implemented (yet?). Also, no vuforia items appear under the gameObject Menu.

I checked "Vuforia" when downloading the beta and activated it in the player settings.
    What am I doing wrong?

2. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

@Studiomaurer The namespace is just using Vuforia. They aren't under the UnityEngine.XR namespace as we will be exposing generalized API's through the UnityEngine.XR namespace that will support similar/common AR functionality between the different AR sdks.

For reference on the Vuforia namespace and some of it's functionality. The scripts included when you are prompted to import their package are a great start. (Just add a Vuforia object to the scene from the Object Menu.) As a heads up, you might need to restart Unity after importing.

unityunity