Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

What methods / tips / services do you use for advertising?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D12Duke1, Aug 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D12Duke1

D12Duke1

I know this is a bit in the left field for most and if you're like me, you despise and even loathe ads.. But I was curious to if any of you had any experience in advertising a product you may have finished? I have spent the better part of thirty hours looking at Facebook Ad options, Google Adwords as an option and a WHOLE LOT of shiesty ass websites saying they can promote your software to seventy-six billion people...

Has anyone else had any positive results and what methods did you go about to achieve them?

2. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

cross promotion & mailing list are your most effective and cheap way of advertising for indies

3. boogiesmitty

boogiesmitty

I would go for Adwords. If brand is well know I would use SEO as well.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If using Adwords, or other search keyboard based advertising systems, the cost per click or impression can vary greatly between words, while the resulting click/impression to conversion ratio difference may not be nearly as drastic as the cost difference. Using many less popular keywords rather than fewer more popular (and higher priced) keywords can improve your cost per conversion.

StroggCore and boogiesmitty like this.
  5. Tzan

Tzan

Do they tell you what the cost is for particular words?

6. Meltdown

Meltdown

Yeah but where do you get the mailing list from and how do you not come across as SPAM?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity