Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question What lighting settings should be made in this 3D game?

Discussion in 'World Building' started by Frimus, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Frimus

Frimus

Hi @all,
    I'm making a Drag-Race game in unity URP (14.0.8). I'm facing some issues in Scene baking.
    Please help me out to optimize this scene and looks better.
    Following are the details:

This is the scene, all objects are set to "Static" and are under one layer name "Arena".

upload_2023-9-12_10-44-58.png

Lighting settings I'm currently using.

upload_2023-9-12_10-44-58.png

I'm only using one directional light in this scene.
    When I set the Mode to "Baked" than it takes more than 2hrs to baked the scene and still not baked (so I cancelled) and revert back to "Mixed". Don't understand why this happens.

Currently I'm using Ultra settings in URP asset. This game is targeted to the mobile devices. There are other settings too.

1. How Can I make this looks better and I'm wants to baked all the shadows in the lightmap so it will not costs in performance.
    But one more things is, when the race would start, car should also receive these shadows. Please suggest me good settings and approaches.
    2. I'm using Post Processing (URP Volume) to enhance the looking of the scene. There is "motion blur", I do not want this effect on the car, but only to the "Arena" layer. But volume mask not seems to be working.
    Volume gameObject has the same layer "Arena" and it is assigned to the Main Camera.

upload_2023-9-12_10-56-30.png

How can I exclude the Car from the volume's effect?
    I tried using two camera but not working, effect is gone but 2nd camera whose is rendering only Car, than it doesn't render the shadows on the road. because it is not rendering the "Arena".
    What should I use now.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files: