Search Unity

What laptop specs should i aim for? Games for android no complicated graphics

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sanlys, Jan 7, 2019.

?

Is it ok for unity? (The latest reply)

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sanlys

sanlys

(Judging by the tags i can apply to this post, i probably posted in the wrong section.)

As the title says, im looking for a laptop that can run unity. I need it to be able to let me make simple andriod games, with no to little 3d models/effects from other apps than unity. Aka prototypes. I am a beginner, so my projects would probably not go too hard on the pc, because of the lack of complexity. I am not using this laptop full time, but very rarely, i just want to have one, when i need it. My desktop pc is more than capable of running unity.

I'm looking for something bugety, but it doesn't have to be too cheap, because i usually like to buy used. So, what is the oldest cpu generation that you can recommend? People like to sell really old stuff. I also don't need an ssd, as my desktop pc didn't have one for quite a while, and i survived pretty well. I'm fine with a bit long compile times, but i can't survive low fps when playtesting. Does any of this make sense? Thanks for answers in advance!

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

8+ GB of RAM, and SSD storage are going to be most important. If you're just doing simple 3D, or 2D graphics, then whatever integrated graphics the laptop comes with is probably sufficient. Light baking and some other tasks will benefit from 4+ CPU cores so I'd recommend that over a 2 core CPU.

3. sanlys

sanlys

Does these specs look alrigt? Found a used one for about 400. i7 4700mq gt 750m (a little old, but dont think its too bad) 8gb ddr3, a bit slow. This one does not have an ssd, but my desktop didn't have an ssd for quite a while, so i think i can deal with that, and im still using an hdd for mass storage, like bad unity projects. Its the best that i have found for that price point i think.