Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What is "Your dream?" In just 10 words

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gigiwoo, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

To make my every dream and every wish come true :)

2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

If your dream is to live your dream, does that mean you've already achieved it? I'm sensing an infinite recursive loop here...

;)

Dreamaster, QFSW and Yash987654321 like this.
  3. ensiferum888

ensiferum888

Watch Quill18 do a Let's Play of my game

voltage, Gigiwoo and Tomnnn like this.
  4. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

Thank God now I know the reason the reason why I crash on the ground on middle of my every project.... ;).

5. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Found a company that does cool things to help people.

Gigiwoo likes this.
  6. Yukichu

Yukichu

Procreate eat sleep game cook hike read watch drink program.

macdude2 and Gigiwoo like this.
  7. PenguinEmporium

PenguinEmporium

10 words.

Create excellect, enjoyable games for the life of the world

dogzerx2 and Gigiwoo like this.
  8. frosted

frosted

7 words:
    Finish this f'n game. Get good reviews.

I mean, I literally dream about this!

PenguinEmporium, da_st and Gigiwoo like this.
  9. derf

derf

Get all these game ideas out of my damn head!

RockoDyne and Gigiwoo like this.
  10. darkhog

darkhog

Oh, I do like making games. I've just chosen thing that I like to do that is most likely to make me a millionaire.

11. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777

Create compelling interactive artworks that influences society for the better.

12. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Be self-sufficient; make games that sustain others.

13. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

that would also be pretty cool (although if I won lotto, Id just buy lots of lego)

zombiegorilla likes this.
  14. Gametyme

Gametyme

To become a unity and programming master.

15. tedthebug

tedthebug

release or release not, there is still no buy.

If I can remember that I'll limit my disappointment when no one plays what I make.

Kiwasi likes this.
  16. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

voltage, MD_Reptile, Gametyme and 8 others like this.
  17. Zomby138

Zomby138

Her father's sword, shattered at the hilt, fell like stars.

Gigiwoo likes this.
  18. Martin_H

Martin_H

I'd like to be rich enough to not have to find a balance between work that pays my bills and working on things I'm interested in. A bit of extra money to buy assets and pay freelancers would be nice too.

Kiwasi likes this.
  19. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

To get things at 100% Discount at Unity Asset Store

Not_Sure and Yukichu like this.
  20. Schneider21

Schneider21

Boooo to this becoming a joke thread. I love the premise and think it's a worthwhile exercise. It'd be super interesting to see everyone's serious answer and correlate that to their behavior on the forum.

I'm not 100% sure if this nails mine, but it's a good first attempt:

CaoMengde777 and Deleted User like this.
  21. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

My dream is to be a successful indie game developer.
    ------------------------------------------------
    1-------2---3--4--5--6------7----------8-----9---------10

:3

22. nipoco

nipoco

Sure, get the labour of others hard work for free...
    Maybe you should dream of making enough money to buy the things you want.

Not_Sure and Yash987654321 like this.
  23. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

To help humankind be a lot better than we are.

Gigiwoo, dogzerx2 and Deleted User like this.
  24. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

It's been in my experience that people are generally good, and even the most gut wrenching of events and actions can be at least understood. One of the biggest things stopping us to be our better selves is that we are constantly addressing the immediate actions of an individual and not everything leading up to the event.

Here's a fun little fact: the kid that shot up Sandy Hook Elementary School and murdered several small children, yeah, a couple years before that his mother was begging a in-patient mental health facility to take him in and their insurance turned down their claim.

Here's another fun fact: as someone working with kids that are in dire situations I see so much fly under the radar because there is no funding for it, and every time a kid doesn't get the help they need I wonder if I'm going to read about them in a few years and have to live with the fact that I could have done more to stop it.

dogzerx2 likes this.
  25. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

@hippocoder By any chance you mean help humankind using game development as a tool?

Because Elon Musk believes that there's a very important role of video games in the future of education. And one of the most important aspects that makes human, human, is the sharing of knowledge and good values.

Gigiwoo and Not_Sure like this.
  26. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

In any way I can.

dogzerx2 likes this.
  27. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

I am amazed nobody mentioned 'remove splash screen from unity free' dream. I thought it would be the first one to come....

Tomnnn likes this.
  28. Teila

Teila

To create a place for others to tell their stories.

Gigiwoo and Whippets like this.
  29. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

That's awesome. I'd say it's more than a dream, but a a way of life.

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

I believe in what I consider a more realistic philosophy regarding the nature of people. I don't think we're all inherently good, I believe some people will be bad, others will be good, a lot will be somewhere in between, and still nobody is perfect.

I agree with the sentiment regarding the events leading up to events...

I don't know what your experiences with kids in need of help is. I'm not trying to attack you either. However implying those kids will turn in to someone like Jared Lee Loughner, or Adam Lanza is in my opinion an immature generalization.

Mental illness and those who have to deal with it is something I feel very strongly about.

I agree completely and absolutely about the lack of help for the people who need it. If you broke your leg today odds are you would go to a hospital, undergo some surgery, and be in a cast for the next few weeks or months.

If you developed a mental illness chances are it would be difficult to find and/or get help. It would be even more difficult to find someone who believes you.

Sometimes a persons outcome in life depends on luck. I read an article from Twitter about Japanese POW's in WW2. The headline was: "The Bomb saved my Mom" (google this, you might find it) This persons' mother was a POW, and the story goes Japan was running low on resources by the time the two bombs were dropped. Food was scarce, and to the Japanese the Indonesian POW's and others captured during the war were beginning to look like an increasingly viable option. This persons's mother (and many others) were lucky the war ended when it did.

I'm saying this because many times people who develop mental illness are lucky to have a family who cares about them and get help. Many others aren't so lucky.

Its a damn shame that help facilities are closing down (read: being closED down) everywhere in the US, I don't know about other parts of the world. Its the ill who get blamed for things like Sandy Hook. Its not guns. Its not the mentally ill. Its the f***ing people in office shutting down things people need!!!

31. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

I think it's unfair to call me immature because I fear that a kid I work with today could potentially do harm in the future. I work in a field where I work with kids coming from horror stories on a day to day basis.

Trust me when I say that I fear about where some of them are going, it's not a judgement on them (I love all the boys under my care. Especially the challenging ones.), it's a genuine concern for their well being.

And yes, I suppose politicians work in offices, so I guess people in office slash funding to death.

Here's the thing, emergency family services should get what they need. Period. It costs what it costs and places like the one I work for shouldn't have to go to companies for hand outs, hat in hand.

We've got 12 aircraft carriers each costing over 100 billion dollars a year to keep going. If just one of those were decommissioned we could pay for all the family services we'd ever need.

That pisses my off.

daisySa, Teila, Ryiah and 1 other person like this.
  32. richardh

richardh

One word: World Peace (okay two).

edit:
    Actually
    World peace and equality.

33. Farelle

Farelle

creating world(s) to experience and live, also becoming healthy.

and it's not only about games :) for some reason I'm faszinated with everything to do with creating coherent worlds with rules, stories, like everything our real world consists of also...but I prefer fantasy worlds. I like making maps and making up characters :D games seem to be the ultimate medium for that since they are interactable :D

GarBenjamin and dogzerx2 like this.
  34. dogmachris

dogmachris

Leave something precious to the world before I leave it. <== Precision Landing!!! :D

Gigiwoo and FyreDogStudios like this.
  35. FyreDogStudios

FyreDogStudios

To be able to say, "This is mine." to a piece of art.

Gigiwoo likes this.
  36. yoonitee

yoonitee

My dream is to be Ultimate Fighting Champion.

GarBenjamin likes this.
  37. chingwa

chingwa

money money money money money money money money money money money
    (sorry, that's 11 words, I couldn't fit it into ten.)

LeftyRighty and yoonitee like this.
  38. Eric-Darkomen

Eric-Darkomen

That thing is the thin end of the brain-slug invasion wedge.

Tomnnn likes this.
  39. goat

goat

Make an really original game that I have fun playing.

40. Billy4184

Billy4184

To be a constructive force.

41. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

Or we could stop placing economic value to everything. Whether it's protecting life or the environment that supports life, there's never a scenario where you should turn down that opportunity just because you're not being paid for it.

On the other hand, I really do want to see all of the wealthy idiots be the last race on this planet and then die slowly because one day the air is so toxic from their family business they get poisoned every time they inhale.

42. Arowx

Arowx

A sustainable solar powered world with amazing VR.

43. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

We'd all dream until a dying star turned out the lights.

44. Billy4184

Billy4184

I don't think either decomissioning aircraft carriers or not putting economic value on things would help. Everything is economics, the struggle of life has always been a question of economics. Just because it comes in the form of money rather than food doesn't change things.

The problem is that society has not solved the problem of balancing newfound individual freedom with the ability to secure good outcomes in governance. You can only succeed in governance if you have no convictions and never promise anything lest someone hold you to to it, and cater to individual desires and tendencies rather than collective ones. Democracy makes politics a question of salesmanship and pursuing the loyalty of people who have never bothered to study anything outside their own bubble of existence. This is exactly the worst situation for a society to be in when there are collective problems the solutions of which have an impact on individual lifestyles.

The only way now for anyone to do anything useful is to become really rich, which is exactly what the general population likes to hate, and try to use your money to do something useful. But it is not only difficult and hard work to make enough money to make a difference but there is no guarantee that it would be effective since charity is useless (or worse than useless) when good governance is lacking.

I don't have any answers but I would say that there are signs around the world that affluent societies are recognizing this fundamental problem.

45. RockoDyne

RockoDyne

The heat-death of the universe eventually ruins everything.

46. BFGames

BFGames

Make enough money to work full-time on own my games.

angrypenguin likes this.
  47. yoonitee

yoonitee

More to the point.... whose dream has come true?

And while we're at it... whose dream has turned into a nightmare?

48. goat

goat

Really at the deficits the governments are running you can't blame the fact you are poor and ain't running the world yourself on the fact that you are not creating the budget that these governments are spending their money on. The fact that a very small number of people are taking materials designed for peaceful purposes and using them to attack other innocent people should tell you aircraft carriers aren't going away anytime soon. The thing that has to change before aircraft carriers are decommissioned are xenophobic cultures must be stopped and opened to the modern world. The world needs laws of equitable humaneness, safety, and health and needs to throttle greed.

Contrary to what is popularly believed, it is fortunate that the latest fads in greed are mostly for money and that money is held by only few people and those people can't effectively spend it without endangering the worth of the money they have already accumulated or endangering the access to things they must have, like food, but can't produce themselves no matter how much money they have, otherwise the world would be stripped of it's resources so fast in a competition to have more of resource X than anybody else your head would spin.

49. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

@Billy4184

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day
    Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime
    Invent a robot that can fish, do all men eat or do all men starve?

Economics doesn't seem to account for automation :p If a robot is performing medical services, you don't need to pay for medical services. If the robot is growing the food then you don't need to pay the human surgeon the money they would have spent on food. Value from nowhere because robots don't need to be paid and the stars don't need to be paid to continue to emit light.

If they're ever advanced enough with good utilization of power to be solar powered, the economy is finished.

50. jpthek9

jpthek9

We could have video game economies. Even if the labor isn't needed, people like to earn things so they'll receive currency for giving effort. These faux jobs will keep people who aren't doing things that need a human touch occupied. Also, secretaries, programmers, researchers, and others performing human-efficient tasks will continue to have a capitalist drive. Civilization as we know it doesn't have to collapse.

AndrewGrayGames and Tomnnn like this.