Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

What is Unity.Sequences.SequenceAssetIndexer????

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by WickedRabbitGames, Sep 13, 2023.

1. WickedRabbitGames

WickedRabbitGames

Can anyone tell me what this is all about? After my project loads, this pops up and takes at least several minutes to clear up. Any help would be appreciated.

upload_2023-9-13_11-18-19.png

Attached Files:

2. icanhazscreenid

icanhazscreenid

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I get a 15-20s delay from this every time I compile. I have three sequence timelines in my project and they are tiny. What else is Unity.Sequences.SequenceAssetIndexer used for?

3. icanhazscreenid

icanhazscreenid

If anyone else ever finds this, I was having long delays every time I refreshed the project. I found a function in SequenceAssetIndexer (I've deleted the package and can't remember the name) that creates a list of prefabs and checks to see if each one has a sequence attached. I believe the intention was to save this file to the PC but in my case I could never see the file being saved. I had over 9k prefabs in my project so this took a long time every rebuild. I removed the Sequences package instead of continued debugging.