Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

What is this big error I'm getting?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by ksam2, May 8, 2015.

1. ksam2

ksam2

Hello guys. I really have no idea what is this I don't have anything related to unity in my C: drive! can someone help me with that please?

hitarthdoc1994 likes this.
  2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Try exiting and restarting Unity.

This is an error in Unity's code, which is located in UnityEditor.Graphs.DLL. The C: in the error message refers to the Unity developer's environment when that DLL was built, not your computer. Judging from older forum posts and unityAnswers, it seems to occur most frequently when deleting and recreating animator controllers that don't have any transitions.

If the error persists, you can upgrade Unity or report it as a bug.

ksam2 and hamsterbytedev like this.
  3. hamsterbytedev

hamsterbytedev

@TonyLi this seems like a pretty likely scenario given the location of the error. Good advice.

ksam2 likes this.
  4. ksam2

ksam2

Thanks guys. as TonyLi said restarting unity wipe out error.

5. hamsterbytedev

hamsterbytedev

Perfect, glad you were able to fix it :)

ksam2 likes this.
  6. TonyLi

TonyLi

Glad it's working again. I primarily develop on Windows, so "when in doubt, restart!" :)

7. hamsterbytedev

hamsterbytedev

#nailedit

8. PrinceThakuri2077

PrinceThakuri2077

Iam Using Unity3D 2018.02 But Also Says Same Error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Edge.WakeUp () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Edge.cs:114)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.DoWakeUpEdges (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 inEdges, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ok, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 error, Boolean inEdgesUsedToBeValid) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:387)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.WakeUpEdges (Boolean clearSlotEdges) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:286)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.WakeUp (Boolean force) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:272)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.WakeUp () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:250)
    UnityEditor.Graphs.Graph.OnEnable () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Graphs/UnityEditor.Graphs/Graph.cs:245)