Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the simplest option as publisher's web-site for the Asset Store ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by u_rs, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. u_rs

u_rs

In order to become publisher on the Asset Store we should to provide URL of web-site:
    What is the simplest option here, can I use twitter or facebook page which also doesn't disclosure real identity of publisher ?

Ekincan likes this.
  2. landon912

landon912

Why don't you take a day or two to use a free website template builder and buy a simple domain?

That would give a much better impression.

3. mgear

mgear

i'd try Wordpress free blog, Github (if you make code), Unity Connect: no need to put photos or full names there..

theANMATOR2b and u_rs like this.
  4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

It says you can use Unity Connect or LinkedIn. Those are easy to set up.

That kind of defeats the purpose. The point of having a website is so that people know who you are and can evaluate your skills. It doesn't have to link back to your home address, phone number or personal facebook account. But it shouldn't try and actively hide who the publisher is.

angrypenguin and u_rs like this.
  5. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Yeah, keep personal and professional stuff separate, but don't try to hide your identity. You're doing business. Someone who's trying to sell stuff but who actively tries to hide their identity looks all sorts of generally-not-trustworthy.

Edit: Anyway, if you're going for "simple" then I'd go with one of the three they suggest - Unity Connect, LinkedIn or Art Station. If it's just to tick the relevant box then I'd do exactly what they've suggested, because that's likely the easiest possible thing for the reviewer to sign off on.

u_rs, zombiegorilla and Kiwasi like this.
  6. u_rs

u_rs

Ok, thanks guys )

7. neginfinity

neginfinity

Static blog or a static site somewhere (github pages, bitbucket pages), wordpress blog, or some sort of free website builder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.