Search Unity

What is the ratio between aspect ratio and pixels?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by tomang5, Sep 18, 2020.

1. tomang5

tomang5

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out what is the ratio between the aspect ratio and the pixels. For example; I made my UI depending on the 1920x1080 resolution, which is the aspect ratio of 16:9. If I put an image that covers 600 pixels on the screen (and set its anchor correctly - stretch), and change the aspect ratio to 21:9, the image covers ~687 pixels, which is not something I understand. The ratio between 16 and 21 is 1.3125, so I was expecting the image to be ~787 pixels. However, the image extends as if the ratio is 1.145.

How should I approach when try to find out the ratio? 16:9 is my reference point. If someone plays the game with an aspect ratio of 21:9, I need to change a value of a parameter depending on the aspect ratio, but I couldn't find any relation.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  2. Hosnkobf

Hosnkobf

I do not fully understand your question but I believe you are looking for this answer: Learn how to use anchors.
    Here is a video I made for my asset Better UI, but it contains also helpful information about anchors in general: