Search Unity

What is the most popular and active game discussion community?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Solidcomer, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Solidcomer

Solidcomer

Hello,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this quesiton, but I think it's relevant to game design.
    I'm wondering what are the most popular and active game communities, forums US players often go where I can ask questions about gameplay, like "How does this stats works in xxx game?", "How can I get through this level", just general questions related to gameplay, guides and tips.
    Sometimes we need to learn from other games, and first thing is to understand the game.

Again, I'm sorry if this is not the place to ask this question, but Unity forum is basically the only place where I communicate with other people in the gaming industry.

Thanks

2. Martin_H

Martin_H

You can try the steam forums for the specific games that you have questions for. Brace yourself, it's not a community know for its friendliness.

FrancisDevson likes this.
  3. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

for that sort of query i'd just ask google. people aren't reliable. I mean if you just want to chat that is another thing, but if you want to figure out some answers quickly it's better to get as much data as you can.

Probably just look at reddits for the game, youtube, steam like martin mentioned, and maybe there is a wiki if the game is big enough. Wiki would probably be the best thing because its curated and peer reviewed by the super geeks.

Martin_H likes this.
  4. Solidcomer

Solidcomer

BIGTIMEMASTER likes this.
  5. GimmyDev

GimmyDev

Tigsource was kinda the birth place of indie gaming, there was some good discussion that are generalist in spirit.

6. FrancisDevson

FrancisDevson

+1 to Steam forums
    Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get a relevant response, and sometimes I get a reply in a few minutes. By the way, it's also a nice way to contact a game developer and ask really narrow questions.

7. John_Leorid

John_Leorid