Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

What is the most efficient way to fade-in/out gameobjects?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by adenovirux, Aug 1, 2020.

1. adenovirux

adenovirux

What I need is to control the activation/inactivation of 3D gameobjects in timeline with fade-in/fade-out effects, that's all.
    The thing is, I can't use the ease-in/ease-out through activation track. So does it means I have to start two track? one activation and one animation? also the mesh.renderer.Material._Alpha not really works, so I have to use the material._color for each of the gameobject, if they have different color. Are there anyone knows a more sophisticate way to manage it?

Thanks very much in advance!

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

2 tracks is a common way to do this, and animating the material alpha/color is one way, as long as the material is using a transparent shader (the material might need to be changed).

Fading objects is something that is always more complex than it seems it should be :)

adenovirux likes this.
  3. koirat

koirat

@adenovirus are you satisfied with dither transparency (less error prone/ uglier) or you got to have standard transparency as sean_unity said, might be more complex and full of surprises ;)