Search Unity

What is the easiest way to integrate Facebook SDK and Firebase SDK?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by glaksmono, Feb 3, 2021.

1. glaksmono

glaksmono

This is surprisingly much harder than I thought

Has anyone had the same experience?

What is the easiest way to integrate both into a Unity project?

joseGuate97 likes this.
  2. MikeMnD

MikeMnD

I've stared implementing them yesterday...
    After adding the Facebook package with all settings
    the app doesn't build neither on android or iOS.

So yeah experience is bad and I'm using:
    Facebook SDK 9.0.0
    Unity 2020.2.1f1

I also have:
    External Dependancy Manager and admob plugin - https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity
    So yeah integrating 3rd party stuff into unity mobile project is not straight forward and is kind of bad.

Also I have several errors when Unity itself cant find JAVA or Android SDK even thou it build an hour ago.
    Mostly the workaround is to go check/uncheck the paths to NDK, SDK in the Preference but even that doesn't help sometimes.
    And that's with Unity default downloaded java and android sdk.
    On iOS on the contrary there are cocoapod problems and even after a successful build we couldn't upload the app because there are issues with signing after adding the Facebook SDK.

I also tried this:
    https://github.com/googlesamples/unity-jar-resolver

Cause sometimes (almost always) when you install a third party package like admob it comes iwth it's dependencies like unity.ads package...than if you have it on in the services there is a duplicate package.
    And that's not all ... sometimes there are android packages which are duplicated between different 3rd party dependencies.
    And yeah as much as I read online - this seems to be standard reoccurring problems when someone tries to integrate such a third party plugin/package.
    Only time may fix it.

3. joseGuate97

joseGuate97

This is an ongoing headache. The Firebase SDK and Facebook SDK are common in the mobile industry, but they crash against each other quite badly.

Wishing there was a straightforward solution to this problem. It's dependency hell.

Has anyone found a good solution @glaksmono @MikeMnD?