Search Unity

What is the best network option to make a game which handles more than 100 players in a room?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by xxmohammadmbbmxx, Jul 2, 2022.

1. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

I'm looking to make a game like a metaverse which is a city where a high number of players live there(maybe 100+), what is the best option for that. I've used Photon before but it says it doesn't support these numbers, should I buy a server and make everything from zero? Appreciate the help, thanks.

2. r31o

r31o

There are two options:

Fish-Networking: Free, high preformance, low bandwidth, a lot of built in features, but there are some ones (like lag compensation) that there are paid.

Photon Fusion: High preformance, low bandwidth, a lot of built in features for free, but only 20 free ccu, if you want more you need to pay.

The prices:
    Fish-Net: You can use it for completely free, but fish-net pro offers a lot more, pro costs 10$ the first month, and then you can downgrade to updates only, which costs 2$/month. When you pay 60$, you can get lifetime acess for free. @Punfish correct me if Im wrong.

Photon fusion: More expensive than PUN, 20 free ccu, the 500 ccu plan costs 125$/month, the 1000 one costs 250$/month and the 2000 costs 500$/month. @tobiass correct me if Im wrong

JavaBob likes this.
  3. Punfish

Punfish

Worth noting you do not have to be a Pro member long term. You can cancel at anytime, should you choose to join.

4. r31o

r31o

Oh, my fault.

5. mischa2k

mischa2k

Inferna MMO was made with Mirror btw.

6. Punfish

Punfish

Arcadius is another that was on Mirror, and is now on Fish-Networking. If you ever want to hear Pros and Cons of each speaking with the Arcadius dev is a good start.

uberwiggett likes this.