Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best database system to work with uLink(without uGameDB) and C#?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by luizcarlosfx, Feb 5, 2014.

1. luizcarlosfx

luizcarlosfx

Considering scalability, performance and the integration with c# and Entity Framework, what is the best database system to work with? MySQL, Postgree SQL, Oracle xe, SQL Server?

2. FuzzyShan

FuzzyShan

anything you can integrate, we implemented thread MySQL with memcached, it seems to work ok...

3. neopan

neopan

can you state some of the advantages of uGameDB?

4. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

i in particular do not like uGameDB
    maybe because is a non sql? or because is a riak which only works on linux?

or maybe because i grewup with mysql.
    so i like best mysql instead of uGameDb, in fact a lot if the uLink userbase hate uGameDB.

the deal is that muchdifferent wont like to do anything else but riak nosql,
    they promised to do a mysql version but they did not delivered.

but you can do your own db manager, al little bit of work tho but what else can you do.

BTW, even that i like best uLink among any other networking plugin for unity, but the guys from muchdifferent just not make it appealing for the unity community, the are in they cloud of superiority looking down at others, do not expect support from them, they support is practicly close to none,
    they have a user forums where it may take a while for an answer.

I wonder why even in my opinion i think uLink is better choice for unity for networking backend plugin, but seems that they lost the battle with smartfox server and photons userbase.

imo is all about customer support, photon an dsmartfox have a very active userbase and not because their product is the best, but because the customer support. they are always there for you.

thing that uLink staff lack a lot.

but still, uLink have great documentation and tutos , so if you dont care about actual support, the ditailed docs and tuts will get you going ok.

5. laapsaap

laapsaap

Actually by forcing you to use RIAK instead of MySQL is a good thing for most game developers if you cannot or dont understand why they have chosen RIAK.

MySQL is rarely a good choice for games.. It will work fine if you stay small, but scaling MySQL is horrible.

13+ years experience with MySQL

KEMBL likes this.