Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the AxF shader?

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Mr-Mechanical, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Mr-Mechanical

Mr-Mechanical

I'm looking at the GitHub and I've noticed this AxF shader and it is very intriguing. What is it for? Since it seems to be another tool for automotive visualization, how does it compare to the Lit shader's clear coat? Is AxF shader specifically for real-time games? Thank you. I'm excited to hear more about this.

2. Mr-Mechanical

Mr-Mechanical

3. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

4. Mr-Mechanical

Mr-Mechanical

So AxF is a specific material format but why does it have its own shader? Can I just use the AxF shader as an alternative to the Lit Shader?

5. Juoolz

Juoolz

AXF is a material scanning method developed by Xrite to accurately capture physical values of surface types.

The scanner spits out a lot more information, in form of maps, than the standard PBR lit shader model uses.

I too would love to get more information on the AxF shader from Unity.

Mr-Mechanical likes this.
  6. Cascho01

Cascho01

7. cchatzakis

cchatzakis

Any ideas on how we can use the an AxF material in unity? It claims that there is an importer on the 2019.1, but I haven't managed to use it..