Search Unity

what is the average score at the end of a given level ?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by brainydexter, Sep 23, 2017.

1. brainydexter

brainydexter

I am generating analytics data from my game but I am having a very hard time processing the data to get answers to simple questions like:
    - what is the average score at the end of a given level ?
    - What is the range of score that people are scoring on a given level ?
    - Given a word/point game, what is range of longest word score ?
    - I have an onboarding funnel but how do I model the tutorial progression with skip button ?
    etc.

Can someone please help me / guide me in how to compute this ? I have tried using data explorer but it is not very intuitive. Also, please let me know if these things are even possible to do given the current system.

Thanks

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The Unity Analytics Dashboard shows an aggregated-only view of your data. If you have the Pro version of Unity, you can use Raw Data Export to perform these actions. There is an article here that describes how to calculate the average score at each level
    https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004052703

3. brainydexter

brainydexter

@JeffDUnity3D Thanks for getting back to me. Can I use Funnel explorer or Data visualization for finding average score per each level ?

I already have a funnel that is working. I was wondering what else can I do with it ? @marc_tanenbaum suggestions ?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@brainydexter As mentioned, the Dashboard (including Funnel Analyzer and Data Explorer) support high level aggregation only. What you are looking for is a SQL Group By equivalent which we do not support at this time.

5. brainydexter

brainydexter

@JeffDUnity3D I have a funnel and each level end event is a step in that funnel. Can I somehow drill down per level within that funnel ?

Pro version is expensive for our team. We are a small indie group and we're using the plus tier. Itll be sad to move away from unity analytics especially after I've hooked up all the events.

Exploring options before I move away from unity analytics for good.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Group By is a feature we are exploring, but is currently is not available at this time, including within funnels.

brainydexter likes this.