Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question What is Size from StreamedData in Build Layout Report?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by vera_unity979, Dec 5, 2022.

1. vera_unity979

vera_unity979

So I have several scenes added each to its own group with several related assets. Usually scene bundle that comes out after addressables build has size of around 10-20mb. But there is one bundle that has size of 76mb, and I really don't see what is that different about it. Checked through addressables Analyze tool, and again can't seem to find anything answering my question.
    I used this https://github.com/pschraut/UnityAddressablesBuildLayoutExplorer plugin to look at the contents of the bundle and it shows that the problem is in the scene, no other big assets included in the bundle. It also shows that overall size of the scene consists of Size from Objects and Size from StreamedData. And as you can see on the screenshot the difference is in the second column. So my question is what is the Size from StreamedData consists of and how it differs from Size from Objects. Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 6.06.46 PM.png

2. vera_unity979

vera_unity979

After building the game with this problematic scene as just one included in the build settings, not addressable, I discovered that this scene is just really big after unity packs it.
    So my guess is that Size from Objects is just size after calculating all sizes of object connected to scene and the scene itself. And Size from StreamedData is what you get after unity unpacks all prefabs in the scene and calculates their additional size, or something like this.