Search Unity

What is Professional Community Feature and Asset Store Level 11? in unity 5 news

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jennifer1, Mar 3, 2015.

1. orb

orb

Dreamaster, efge, Heu and 4 others like this.
  2. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

Because someone said "Levelleven" by accident and everyone thought it was funny so they kept it...?

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy

From This is Spinal Tap "my amplifier goes up to 11 so its louder."

Edited: I missed @orb 's post above, oops.

4. Jennifer1

Jennifer1

yeah , this is very important question.

5. Heu

Heu

Absolutely amazing. Lol.

6. johan.akesson

johan.akesson

Hello! How can I sell my assets via Level 11 discount program? What should I do for it?

7. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

This does not excite me at all to be honest. Level 11 is pretty cool, but doesn't provide a benefit to the publisher. Actually, I wouldn't expect it to have to be a benefit, but in this case it's a potential detriment. As stated before, the extra support might be tremendous. I spend a lot of time with support, especially with IL2CPP now on the loose and still having some bugs that we have to use workarounds for.

Secondly, the last few months I have seen sales growth. It's only a small amount, but has been growing a bit month over month. If it were to average my sales over the previous 3 months, I would potentially lose revenue because my sales may be more than the last 3 month average.

The final point I would make would be around exposure... moving up the lists. In December 2013 I did a charity drive. I donated all profit during a big chunk of that month to charity (roughly $3,000). The asset store was awesome... I discounted the product for the drive and Unity featured it as a special sale item. So, my sales were way far above normal which is what allowed me to donate as much as I did. My asset moved up the lists as well, and on the front page, but within a month after the drive was over, returned back to normal, so those stats are recalculated for smaller time windows not over an extended period.

johan.akesson likes this.
  8. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

I actually like the pro filtering (it's not like there's going to be Pro only forums or threads, just the ability to filter to threads created by Pro users) and this will reduce the static from repeated questions, etc. That being said, I am a pro license holder, but certainly not a pro. I'm a programmer but have a tremendous amount to learn about the Unity API, graphics, shaders, etc so I'm not really a "pro" in that sense. I also agree with you that there are a ton of pros that use Unity free, but again it's not like there will be hidden forums, just available filters.

9. SoBiT

SoBiT

I'm a Unity 4 Pro user. Don't I have access to this? Will I have to upgrade to U5?

10. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

Yes, the new features are not available to Unity 4 Pro users.

11. elmar1028

elmar1028

They will probably be announced soon.

12. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

It's probably something like... each cycle of unity x.y, there are 2 asset store updates per x. We're on Unity 5 now so that could mean we're on asset store version 9 now with 10 on the way. And instead of separating the pro and free store, it's just incrementing off of the existing ones.

Unity 6 will feature free store version 12 and 13 while pro users have access to 14.

Dreamaster likes this.
  13. tgienger

tgienger

It's one more, ain't it.

14. Liavain-Axon

Liavain-Axon

I'm a Unity Pro (5) Subscription user and I cannot seem to access the Level 11 freebies. Every time I click on the items, it still shows that I have to buy them. :/

15. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

people seem to forget that being featured for "free" level 11, is putting that asset in plain sight of the million or so personal users who might've missed it. I find it hard to see how this is anything less than a stellar choice for asset authors.

16. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Make sure that you are signed into the store.

17. Liavain-Axon

Liavain-Axon

I'm logged in to Unity and viewing via the asset store within the program. When I click on a "Free" asset, it takes me to the normal page and gives me the option to place it in my cart.

This is my Level 11 page within Unity: http://puu.sh/hiWjZ/d04c8a0cb7.jpg
    This is when I click on the item via the Level 11 page: http://puu.sh/hiWuk/ac67c168a8.jpg

I have logged in and out, restarted the client, and nothing. :/

18. Socrates

Socrates

Might be time to send an e-mail to support.

19. Liavain-Axon

Liavain-Axon

I have a subscription to Pro instead of purchasing it outright. Would that prevent me from accessing Level 11?

20. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

The log in for the store is separate from Unity. Look in the top right corner of the asset store window. If it says log in, then you haven't logged in. It should say your name and have a little 11 icon. I'm a subscriber and it works for me.

21. Liavain-Axon

Liavain-Axon

Okay, logged out then logged back in on both the website and on the client, and nothing. Still the same. :/

22. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Do you have the 11 icon by your name?

23. Liavain-Axon

Liavain-Axon

24. jj-steele

jj-steele

Same problem for me

25. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I have the icon, but it only appears in in the asset store.
    Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 12.26.21 PM.png

26. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I think is a cool name, and it means for me that it goes beyond the usual value, I mean that usually you rate things from 1 to 10, well this one goes beyond it and to eleven. :)

Yes, to be able to have access to Level 11 discounts you must have an 11 icon on your icon as shown, so you know that you are a PRO user and using Unity 5, as it does not work for Pro 4, and having a subscription to PRO, should also give you the 11 icon

Will be this the same "Coming soon" as the one promised for the Level 11 access for Personal users with the 19$ told in March and now in the THIRD level 11 in May there is NO NEWS about it?

Please, When is going to be available the Level 11 access for Personal users?

So, reading this means that there will not be a special and private forum only for PRO users, and what you only get is a PRO user badge on all the forum?

And sorry to ask but I do not understand what is the possible benefit of being able to display only posts and threads made by PRO users?

27. Ostwind

Ostwind

For starters it filters out a lot of junk posts from all forum sections when half of the world is trying to do a multiplayer rpg/fps/rts/minecrash as their first project while skipping the learn section.

28. elmar1028

elmar1028

When everyone buys Unity Pro

29. SpaceRay

SpaceRay

I hope that someone from the Unity company can be so kind to be able to answer to these questions

Please, When is going to be available the Level 11 access for Personal users?
    How is possible that we are in THIRD level 11 month and still not available?

and hope that is not as elmar1028 have wrote

Yes, I think you may be right :D although this is a bad thing for me :( that I still can´t afford to do it, and even if I could, really there is no big motivation now on 5 to upgrade to PRO, and I know that many persons that have Pro 4.0 will not upgrade to PRO 5 because you do not get enough things to justify paying for things in PRO version, unless of course you are a company that earn a lot of money from using Unity 3D, or other possible reasons.

Yes, you may be right, and is true that surely someone that have pro is most probably not a beginner or starter, and may know much better about unity than a Free/Personal user, BUT now in 5.0 there may be a problem where many skilled users that had already PRO 4 will NOT upgrade to PRO 5 because as said above there is no real motivation to do it (at least now)

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  30. Ostwind

Ostwind

Yeah there has always been a lot of good free users too that do good posts which you wouldn't want to filter out and I would like the feature be more like list only: Pro and +1-2 year member posts only or something but I guess we can't have everything :)

That brings us to the similar question about ETAs, @Aurore when will these features land to the people who are already paying for them, its been soon 3 months? :rolleyes:

31. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

I don't have a timeline for the pro community features yet, we currently have back-end stuff we're implementing which need to be in place and working before we can start developing this stuff.

We are still currently working on the subscriptions for Personal users for Asset Store Level 11.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  32. sluice

sluice

Why would a "pro" user filter out posts/threads from "free" users?
    Not sure I get the reasoning behind this...

33. chingwa

chingwa

Neither do I. Don't see any reason to filter threads, personally. But I do want a "Pro" tag next to my name :cool:

sluice likes this.
  34. Ryiah

Ryiah

It would hide away quite a bit of the noise for those who don't want to deal with it. One example would be those asking for resources but unwilling to pay for them.

35. sluice

sluice

Simple... Aren't these people mostly inactive in the community?

Instead, why not give the ability to filter threads from people that have less than a certain amount of posts?
    And/Or from people that have been in the forum for less than X months.

36. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Well I explained the rationale in my previous post about it. I don't think any pro user would ever want to permanently filter non-pro threads, but as a one-off option it would be beneficial at times.

Tethys likes this.
  37. Ostwind

Ostwind

Post count or join date filter would be nice addition but might not be any better. For example there are plenty of newbies that manage to do hundreds of posts in a week when they are starting with their game and then later fade away for months after putting it on hold or failing. Later on they come back with another game idea and have forgot everything or just try impossible things.

When it comes to pro users its unlikely that they are low skilled and posting wild ideas. Most pro users probably also have low post activity and only join or message when they have real troubles or discussion topics.

Personally I see it as some sort of a level of dedication in game development filter. It means the user is more likely part of industry as professional or is willing to invest to be part of it. Viewing only such threads for example in the support sections has its uses. Anyways its an optional feature with a duke nukem forever release date so no one should stress about it :)

38. Whippets

Whippets

Can I get a little shield or some other awesome icon thing to show that I'm poor now as I pay for pro? XD

Dustin-Horne and Teila like this.
  39. Teila

Teila

I know plenty of people who use Pro who have been part of the Indie Game industry for a lot less time than I have. I use Personal because I no longer am part of a funded team but branching out on my own with a new small team. We are currently self-funded and I have a family as well. Saving money on Unity Pro was an absolute bonus for us and that money is being used to further self-fund our game. We are very serious. We would have purchased Pro if necessary but it would have set us back a bit. Now we can go full speed ahead. :)

Just wanted to say that because I think there is a lot of speculation and justification going on here. The Pro users get their filters because they paid for them, period. I didn't find the need to spend money for the "extras' and have no need for the status. When we make 100k I will gladly pay for Pro because that is the way it works.

In the meantime, Unity, with or without Pro is helping all of us make our games. We are all different, have different situations, come from different backgrounds, etc. No one reason fits all.

40. Teila

Teila

We all know you are a pro, Chingwa! You don't need anything to prove it to us. :)

S-0-L-0 and chingwa like this.
  41. chingwa

chingwa

All must know. ALL. :D

42. TBruce

TBruce

Here are some links which answers several questions that have been asked here:

Level 11 Information - http://unity3d.com/level11_information

The answer is yes, publishers do get paid for for assets downloaded from the Level 11 asset store. Basically this is the gist of how payment is done.

When a package is selected, the publisher will receive a notification email in advance.

Unity considers the asset’s recent performance over the past 3 month period and calculate the average gross revenue.

If that number is equal to or less than $250.00 USD, they pay the publisher $250.00 in exchange for offering the asset for free in Level 11 for one full month.

If the average revenue is greater than $250.00, the author will be paid the amount equal to that revenue.

When the package is selected as one of the free Level 11 assets, the publisher will receive an email notification from the Asset Store Team confirming the selection.

The publisher then will receive a contract via DocuSign explaining the terms of the agreement which must be read it over and signed electronically through DocuSign as soon as possible.

Unity will pay the agreed-upon amount via the publishers preferred payment method indicated in the publishers account settings by the 15th of the month. All wire transfer payments are made once weekly, on Tuesdays.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016