Search Unity

What Is On (Secret) Sale?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Tinjaw, May 12, 2016.

1. guzzo

guzzo

Nostre, NeatWolf and Arganth like this.
  2. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

Holy cow. I paid $95 for it a few years ago, and it was well worth it. $0 is obviously a great price. :D

NeatWolf and hopeful like this.
  3. mons00n

mons00n

holy cow! I was literally about to pull the trigger on this...and now I no longer have to?!

Buhlaine likes this.
  4. local306

local306

Do you think Unity would give me my money back, or at least a store credit? It's a great asset, but now I feel like I'm out on this deal... haha

5. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah, it seems most expensive items I buy on the store are later replaced by Unity for free within about a year.

Maybe I should learn something from that ... ;)

wetcircuit and NeatWolf like this.
  6. wahyuway

wahyuway

I am about to buy textmesh pro last week. Thanks god now its free

Stevepunk likes this.
  7. hopeful

hopeful

Need to make 3D letters and numbers in your game? Glyph 3D is on 40% off sale.

(Also, just thought I'd note that iRDS never went on sale. I don't know what the plan was there, as the description was changed for a week to indicate a sale was occurring, but the price never varied from the normal price.)

8. hopeful

hopeful

WillNode, wetcircuit, Lohrion and 2 others like this.
  9. S4G4N

S4G4N

10. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

Gaia is on sale as well.

Tinjaw, Nostre, wahyuway and 2 others like this.
  11. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

12. hopeful

hopeful

13. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Asset_Store_Deals and hopeful like this.
  14. hopeful

hopeful

15. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

16. docsavage

docsavage

17. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi everyone!

Happy to announce Beautify 4.4 has been submitted to the Asset Store! In celebration for this new update, which includes a new great feature (Sun flares) and cool improvements and options to existing effects, every new purchase until end of month will get a free asset of our portfolio of up to $20 price (check our publisher page or kronnect.com for the full list).

Cheers!

Tinjaw and turboscalpeur like this.
  18. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

19. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

That's a generous offer. I am considering taking the leap and buying Beautify. Is it possible getting a $20 coupon for Dynamic Fog & Mist? That's the cheapest asset of yours that interests me.

Knightmore likes this.
  20. Kronnect

Kronnect

Hi there! Thanks.

This is a great moment to purchase Beautify. The new update, which should be available in a few days, will come with a slight price increase to reflect all the recent additions (goes from $35 to $40).

And just to clarify the current promotion, the assets gifted for new purchases of Beautify until end of this month are listed below. After purchasing Beautify send me a pm with your invoice number and you will receive a free voucher or a download link in case of no free vouchers left for one of these assets at your choice:

Compass Navigator Pro: add Skyrim-style navigation bar with nice text and beacon effects.

Shader Control: helps you reduce shader keywords, compilation time and build size

Grids 2D: flexible hexagonal, squared or Voronoi grids with cells and territories

Tunnel FX: space travels / warp / falls / drops - and similar effect with lot of customization options

World Flags & Weather Symbols pack: ready to use high quality resource pack in raster and vector formats

Enjoy Beautify and thanks for your support.

Tinjaw likes this.
  21. Golden-Eternity

Golden-Eternity

22. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

23. Kronnect

Kronnect

Asset_Store_Deals and Tinjaw like this.
  24. Will-Morillas

Will-Morillas

25. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

26. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

27. hopeful

hopeful

jonfinlay likes this.
  28. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

29. magique

magique

I don't know about others, but I'd rather see direct links to Unity Store deals rather than go through someone's third party asset store deal webpage to find the link to the on-sale asset. No offense, but it's just not necessary.

Atzig and CaptainMurphy like this.
  30. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

You mean the third party that just links back with an affiliate id?

31. magique

magique

I have no idea what you mean.

32. rrahim

rrahim

In all fairness, Asset Store Deals is one of the few sites which list asset store sales. Using this thread to promote their site a bit isn't that bad of a deal.
    I don't mind getting links to that site before checking out the asset store links, because there are also other deals to be found on that site.

33. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

The user you are talking about links to the item in their own 'store' and that store actually just links back to the asset store but with an affiliate link in there. So they get a percentage of the sale if you buy.
    e.g. If you clicked on the 'Realistic Buildings' above and it were to go to the asset store the link would look like:
    If you click on their link it has an affiliate code in it:
    I like the concept, but seriously, just post the affiliate link in this thread and have the deals site url in their sig or something. Quit sending me to another site just to click their own link to find out more about the asset in the first place.

chelnok and wetcircuit like this.
  34. magique

magique

You like the concept? Ugh! Not me. Someone is getting kickbacks on sales by doing that? That's just wrong. I'll just type the asset name in the store and find the sale for myself. Wow, I can't even believe that.

35. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

They put in the effort and time to put together a system that allows people to promote their own sales (which the asset store sucks at) and they did a decent job so they can get some moolah from it (it is probably pennies). It posts those sales on their own site, twitter, etc, so good for them. But putting those links back and forth to their own site does nothing but annoy the crap out of me in this thread.

chelnok likes this.
  36. magique

magique

Agreed

37. TonyLi

TonyLi

Only very recently did the Affiliate Program start accepting affiliate links directly in Unity forum posts. This is why @Asset_Store_Deals had to link back to their site. They're putting in the legwork to find the deals, so I agree that it's only fair for them to get a few pennies out of it.

My problem is that there's some certificate issue on their site, so I can't actually visit it without having to manually add it as a trusted site. This means I never click on their links. Now that the Affiliate Program lets you link directly in the forum, I hope they start including direct links.

chelnok likes this.
  38. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

I think they could technically fix this by including http:// in their links when they post, instead of leaving it up to your browser to figure out what to do with "www.assetstoredeals." They likely don't intend for you to use the https protocol. Of course they could fix it by renewing their SSL cert since it expired last September as well. If they are only making pennies though, that might not be cost effective.

39. hopeful

hopeful

All you have to do to find most of these sales is type the word "sale" in the search box for the asset store and then sort the results for "updated."

If you are familiar with what's in the store, you can also find the sneaky sales by doing a search with a blank key. Then click the updated button. Assets that have changed their price that day will show up, along with all the new stuff in the store (which may include items with introductory pricing).

nixter, chelnok, nirvanajie and 3 others like this.
  40. tomraegan

tomraegan

I do this too, but here are some additional terms for which to search. Not everyone uses "sale" when they reduce their price.

For some crazy reason, you can't search for the term "%", which would make life much easier. Unity search doesn't recognise it.

Here are terms I search for : "sale", "discount", reduced", "off", "special", "deal". Many assets do not use the term sale. Many say "50% off!" You can also search for the numbers 90, 80, 75, 70...etc.

And this thread is also great.

chelnok likes this.
  41. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

Probably filtering it because it's a database wildcard by default in many databases. It would be more complicated(but not impossible) to escape it, so they just ignore it.

42. smada-luap

smada-luap

3DForge have put the Exterior's Kit on sale for the same time period that the Interior's Kit (25% off on both kits) is in the current Unity 3D Sale event.

43. Tinjaw

Tinjaw

As the OP, my intention was/is to provide a conduit for asset makers to advertise sales without the need to be officially sanctioned by the Asset Store and included in an "official promotion".

I had hoped that this thread would be used by the asset producers themselves, without the need for a third party to get involved.

Having said that, I don't mind anybody posting with an affiliate link because that is exactly what they are for. If somebody makes you aware of something and you decide to buy it, having learned about it from the link, then the poster deserves the pennies in return.

I don't mind "stores" posting to this thread as long as they don't try to obfuscate who they are.

If you disagree with any of the linking, affiliate linking, redirected linking, etc., just type the name of the asset into the asset stores search box, and nobody gets credit.

If people get credit, they will post more, as it's worth their time. If they don't get credit, they won't post, and we all lose out on "secret sales."

TeagansDad, Fab4, docsavage and 5 others like this.
  44. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

Where did you get the information that affiliate links can now be placed directly in Unity forum posts? We would be more than happy to post the affiliate links if it is allowed. This would be better for everyone.

We have renewed our SSL cert, so it should work better now. Thanks for the feedback.

docsavage and chelnok like this.
  45. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

Well said! It's a win-win.

46. TonyLi

TonyLi

It was announced on March 10. Sorry, a quick google search didn't turn up confirmation, but I have an email from the Asset Store on March 10 that confirms it.

TheMessyCoder likes this.
  47. Asset_Store_Deals

Asset_Store_Deals

The reason we were not posting the affiliate links in this thread is because it was not allowed; but now thanks to you and magique bringing up this issue, we found out (thanks to TonyLi) that Unity has started allowing affiliate links in forum posts. So from now on, one click on the link will go directly to the asset on sale. As others have mentioned, using the affiliate link helps support the free service we're providing to people looking for deals and to developers wanting promotion for their temporarily reduced-price assets. Thanks for helping us improve this service!

48. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

I would have been fine with it if it was an auto redirect, honestly. Glad it is all worked out for the better! I hope you didn't take my posts the wrong way, as I am all for the service done, just being redirected to then have to click was annoying me.

49. MrDude

MrDude

This weekend only, THE Dialogue Engine, MBSCore and my Wordpress for Unity kits are on sale for up to 80% off
    Included in THE Dialogue Engine and WULogin kits is a voucher valid for 1 LIFETIME for use on ALL items onwww.renderer.site
    See http://www.mybadstudios.com for details

p.s. Existing customers of The Dialogue Engine or WULogin, simply download the latest version to claim your free voucher. For the rest of you, NOW is the time to pounce and get your lifetime discount via an item that is on sale... Time is short so check it out now! :D

50. hopeful

hopeful