Search Unity

What is needed to make a basic FMV game for release on Windows 10 store

Discussion in 'Windows' started by NewParalyzer, Sep 20, 2017.

1. NewParalyzer

NewParalyzer

I recently played an interesting game on the Windows 10 store and it was Xbox enabled which meant it had offical xbox live achievements.

If this game could reach a status like that then I'd like a chance to throw a game up and try to get it available to Xbox Live gamers.

My goal would be to create an FMV game (a la Night Trap or Mad Dog McCree) and get it actually xbox live enabled.

I've never really touched unity as my team members in high school were in charge of building a world in unity to roam around as where I mostly made 3D models to add to Unity. I know pretty basic stuff if not maybe below basic. I'm willing to learn though. On my own i've just done some drag and drop games via GameMaker 8

I was in Film and Photography and video editing wouldn't be an issue. I don't think compression would be either if I filmed everything right. I think I'd need a format of something like Ogg Theora wouldn't it?

I'd imagine the game would just be footage and then X button would need to be pressed at X time in order to play correct scene or if missed alternate scene would play instead. Something SEGA CD era.

Any information would be truly appreciated.