Search Unity

Resolved What is mean "Others" in CustomEvent's Parameters?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by 10-2, Jul 1, 2022.

1. 10-2

10-2

Hi, I'm not good at English. but I'm try so if you don't get it, please tell me.
    Our game released in 3 days ago.
    That send Legacy Analytics Event now and I created Custom Event Parameter, it called "progressId". Does meaning is user's saved progress.
    I want to find out each progressId's user rate.
    progressId have 0 to go 47 keys. My Data Exproler shows successed receive that event.
    But number of displayed progressId data is 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 47, Others... what is means Others? Furthermore Others have biggest number of events.
    I think thats not mistake in send event logic because send string parameter and thats not sure null or empty.
    How do know I all progressId's data? Is it possible my send events isn't working? Or is there a way to find out the breakdown of Others?

Attached Files:

2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your question.

The legend on your Legacy Analytics chart can only display the 10 most popular values, the remainder are grouped together and labelled as 'Others'

e.g. If you have 48 distinct values, the chart and legend are only able to display 10 with their own legend, the remainder are aggregated together under 'Others'

I hope that helps to explain.

By the way, you might want to consider using our new Gaming Services Analytics going forward as Legcay Analytics will be sunset by the end of 2022. You can view and report on the standard events from your Legacy Analytics implementation in the new new Gaming Services Analytics Dashboard, but if update to the new Gaming Services Analytics SDK you will see your custom events too and benefit from the improved performance and fetaures of the new Analytics solution.

10-2 likes this.