Search Unity

Question What is "ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets" and why it takes so long each time I open the project?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by altepTest, Mar 16, 2021.

1. altepTest

altepTest

Every time I open the project it takes 10 minutes to load, looking at the log files this line appears to take the most time.

What is ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets and why it needs to do this every time I load the project? What are these out of date assets and why they go out of date every time I close the project for more than a few hours.

Basically, new day, open project, takes 10 minutes. Close project/unity (keep hub open) wait a couple of minutes, open unity, less than a minute project opens. Wait for longer? 10 minutes again. Next day repeat.

Now I'm on 2020.3 did this for all previous 2020 versions that I've had the project on.

If helps, project was upgraded trough various versions.

Please help how do I fix this?

2. altepTest

altepTest

I'm bumping this, sorry, but maybe someone knows what is this and how to fix it, up to 5 minutes of waiting each time I open the project and I didn't started to add all content for levels and the rest. By this rate I will have to work one day on the game and then another day to wait for the project to open for the next day

3. volblob73

volblob73

Unity Technologies

Hi. When you open the project, do you see any "Start importing..." entries in the editor log? When starting up unity, the domain is loaded in ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets and loading this could also be where time is spent.

4. altepTest

altepTest

I don't understand the question, what is domain loading?
    If you are asking if I see the ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets in the logs, yes, is there for example this the last project I've opened that is basically empty

Code (CSharp):
    1. ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets: 159681.494ms (137268.501ms without children)

5. Flavelius

Flavelius