Search Unity

Discussion What is going on with the Art Engine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luemus, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Luemus

Luemus

I just saw this on Twitter. Is Unity moving the ArtEngine stuff to a potentially new cloud-based system? Are there any announcements regarding this because there is none in the ArtEngine section of the forum, other than an update on terms of service.

Screenshot_4.png

Rewaken and Casper-Chimp like this.
  2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Does this mean that we are going to get all the cloud based tools like weta, speedtree, Ziva soon??

3. Murgilod

Murgilod

It means that there's going to be a cloud version with likely fewer features that function worse.

Rodolfo-Rubens and Kirsche like this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User

Why do you think so? Metahuman is a great example of cloud based tool and many AI driven tools also are cloud based

5. Murgilod

Murgilod

Metahuman wasn't developed by Unity. I'm sorry, but Unity's tooling is in an absolute state in a lot of areas, especially in a lot of newer stuff, and ArtEngine is both those things. I have no doubt that when it gets absorbed into Unity cloud services, it'll lose functionality and what remains will be poorly implemented.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Let's see when the tool actually gets released....
    I think that the discussion is done until unity gives more info on this
    Maybe try asking for more info on Artengine forum's here https://forum.unity.com/forums/artengine.555/

7. Luemus

Luemus

I think they'll make an announcement soon, since they sent out an email like this

Deleted User likes this.