Search Unity

What is best site for top quality unity courses?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by papureg, Mar 5, 2018.

1. papureg

papureg

Like the title says, what is in your opinion best online resource for unity courses (non-free)?

thanks in advance for your input :)

2. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Google is your friend :D

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Udemy. For the cost you simply can't beat them. They're reasonably long (typically between 20 and 40 hours), they're almost always on sale ($20 or less), they have fantastic ratings (4.5+ stars with tens of thousands of reviews), and they're generally up-to-date with the engine.

Here are some examples.

https://www.udemy.com/unitycourse2/
    https://www.udemy.com/unityrpg/
    https://www.udemy.com/unity-developer-course/

You're not asking for the worst but that's not stopping me. Pluralsight is the company hosting the Swords and Shovels for Unity. They charge a monthly fee ($29), courses are very short (typically four hours or less), star ratings are unreliable in my opinion because they have very low review counts, and last I heard the course I mentioned in this paragraph isn't complete.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Akshara likes this.
  4. papureg

papureg

thanks for your input :) and yes i have googled, but i still wanted to get opinions since the couple courses i've purchased haven't been so great :)

thanks for the tips on the Swords and Shovels, i was thinking about taking that but if it's no good then i think i'll just skip it :)

5. RobG88

RobG88

Depending on what you need, C# and Unity, there are several that I would recommend on UDemy:

Ben Tristem has two Learning C# and Unity Courses, the first one is good, falls short at the end, but the newer version for Unity 2017 is better (so far).

Ultimate Guide to Game Development with Unity is also another C# learning with Unity, though far less hand holding.

If you want some real meat, I'd suggest: https://www.gameinstitute.com

They do offer one of there courses in UDemy, which is probably a great deal at $10, $15, $20 depending on the sale.

Build Your Own First Person Shooter / Survival Game

Otherwise, I think you can see all sort of intro videos either on their site or on YouTube.

Otherwise, on the net, you can go wrong with Brackey's.

Good Luck

6. RobG88

RobG88

To give me two cent about Swords and Shovels:

I think Josh Kinney is a great teacher, I've always enjoyed his small courses.
    The Joy Horvath courses are great too. And not to takeaway from the other two instructors, they're equally good.
    My COMPLAINT, is I buzzed thru these courses in early December when they first became available, Unity is obviously making a move with more courses and training, but it's been 4 months and no new content has dropped and looks like it's not dropping until Summer -- that's just annoying as all hell.

The other major point to understand, though all courses about Swords and Shovels revolve around the game, each course doesn't ever tie into one another. It's kinda for beginner's but I can't see a true beginner getting much out of this then OVERLOAD and confusion.

I would recommend Swords and Shovels, but wouldn't waste my 3 free month subscription until the next 80 hours drops. Right now there's about 20 hours of courses.

Again, my thoughts/opinion.

Good luck!

7. uni7y

uni7y

You don't get all the courses BTW
    I bought a Plus account and got this for free but not all the courses are free! There are 4 new courses out now and I need to upgrade my pluralsight license to watch them! Not nice Pluralsight!! and Unity!!

ROBYER1 likes this.
  8. mangalmaurya

mangalmaurya

Hi, You can find many unity Courses online but many websites charge huge amounts and courses are not up to the mark. I recommend you all to refer such courses that have all the content and course is optimized and regularly updated.
    Udemy is one of the best online learning websites which offers many professional courses between $10 to $15 giving about 95% Discount on the courses. The best course on udemy is divided into 2 Courses which are 2d & 3d GAME DEVELOPMENT.

Complete C# Unity Developer 2D: Learn to Code Making Games

Complete C# Unity Developer 3D: Learn to Code Making Games

You can either enroll in one course or both the courses. If you are new then I recommend to enroll in the 2D course first and start learning 2D development first. Both the courses can be enrolled at a 95% Discount and this is a huge deal.

Disclosure: Above links are an affiliate link and we may get a part of a commission for any purchase through those links.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020