Search Unity

What is/are you successful project/s?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NidoAnxari, Jul 3, 2017.

1. NidoAnxari

NidoAnxari

Let unity community know your most successful project and learn from others experience.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

i dont have anything complete yet ... well besides some trash i threw on kongregate that got buried in like 3 days and made like a fraction of a penny... but i mean i woulda recycle binned it so whatever i guess a couple kids got to be annoyed by it LOOL

scope smaller!!!!!!!!!
    dont be like me!!! (unless you intend on working for months/years and not being paid for it)
    , and dont give up i guess

LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017
  3. pk_Holzbaum

pk_Holzbaum

That's easy. Our game 'Squared' has as much as 723 downloads on Google Playstore (about 150 on iOS and 30 on the Amazon store). And it made 1.86$ with Unity Ads!!
    Thinking about quitting my job because of these numbers :)
    Overall it was a fun experience to release something and more than 1 year after release people are still installing and playing it. That's not too bad for me.

neoshaman, Martin_H and GarBenjamin like this.
  4. FrankenCreations

FrankenCreations

My only successful project in programming had zero to do with games. It was/is a databasing system I wrote for a truckline about 15 years ago. I didn't make any money from the program itself but I was a partner at the thruckline so it was just something we needed that was quoted by other people at the lowest $200,000.00 for a system that wasn't really what we wanted. Took about 8 months to complete and the truckline still uses it as his only databasing solution. I still have to fly back to Houston every few years to update when they buy new computers.

Im new to unity but I would consider it a success if I got 100 downloads from the google store and 0 dollars made. The way things are going I expect to be finished by christmas.

5. Tzan

Tzan

I thought this came out ok.
    I do architectural design and structural engineering to make the gold pieces.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  6. alexanderameye

alexanderameye

In August 2015 I published a free asset on the asset store and it keeps getting more and more downloads and I'm pretty happy with that :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.