Search Unity

What id love on the Asset Store: A Retro First Person Shooter Kit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheNorthridge, Dec 25, 2013.

1. TheNorthridge

TheNorthridge

It baffles me there is no good, working Retro FPS Kit for making games like Doom or Daggerfall.

I'd make one myself, but I've not got the coding ability's. I'd be happy to fund or co-develop one.

What do you think? Would you like such a kit?

-TheNorthridge

2. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

3. Murgilod

Murgilod

You want something that can make games like Doom or Daggerfall? You do realise that the only thing those games share is the perspective of the camera, right?

4. TheNorthridge

TheNorthridge

Yeah, I got that. Its poorly made and pretty much abandoned. Wouldn't recommend unless you like fixing broken stuff :/

Not the only thing. Both games use sprites for the weapons, and enemy's use sprite sheets. The only model work is in the levels themselves. Star Wars Dark Forces is another good example of such a kit.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  5. Murgilod

Murgilod

You can do all these things in Unity without the need for a full toolkit though.

6. TheNorthridge

TheNorthridge

I know, I'm just saying I'm baffled there isn't a kit like Realistic FPS Prefab is all.

I'd gladly pay money for one. That worked mind and was easy to use :p

7. Murgilod

Murgilod

You can seriously put this together in an afternoon with the FPS controller kit (included), some really simple scripts that just call Transform.LookAt, and some raycasts for hitscan weapons though. Like, it's so incredibly basic that I'm not sure it'd be worth buying one.

8. TheNorthridge

TheNorthridge

I would write it myself, but I cant code because of my own problems with dyslexia. This is why I wouldn't mind either buying or funding the creation of one.

Its usually why I buy these kits, the video tutorials and documentation help me alter the kits for my own needs.